Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Comfort, Physical and Emotional


In an entry related to yesterday’s, I present Percival, finding his places in the Cosy Apartment.



It may seem that he is anxious about where he is lying, going from one place to another. But I think that when a cat feels he can try as many locations as Perce has been doing, it demonstrates that he is feeling comfortable in his new surroundings. He is not staying in one corner, in one bed, in one spot; he is exploring, testing a variety of possibilities. I think when a cat does this, he is unafraid, and optimistic with his world.



Percival always gives the impression of confidence, but who knows what he really felt initially. It would have been most unusual for him not to have been wary, even worried. I think it is behaviour such as this that show his true reactions. I am pleased at this.



If he would restrict his vocal reactions, I would be even happier…


13 comments:

  1. Percival is finding his own.
    Hope he figures out quickly that he doesn't need to sing the song of his people at night, however.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many wonderful places to take a nap. I'd have a hard time choosing too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love that guy. I'd even put up with the nightly concerts. Speaking of which, I wonder if that has something to do with his residual male hormones? I've read that it takes weeks after the cat is neutered to get those out of his system, especially if he was an adult at the time.

    Or maybe Perce is just musically inclined.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's possible that he is still feeling the effects of the hormones. It does take up to a month for the last of them to clear a neutered male's system.

      Delete
  4. Percy looks so relaxed and content. He obviously feels right at home. Maybe his vocalizations are his way of saying thank you for taking him in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In which case I would insist that there is no need to thank me...

      Delete
  5. Percival certainly looks comfortable with all the offered bedding. I've not had a male cat in years. Just knowing I've had singing females is enough music. Hope he out grows it sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Percival is trying out all of his options before he decides on his preferred sleeping spot. He certainly looks comfortable in all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Percival is working hard, testing out all those spots. No wonder he needs to nap so much! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Percy! I like that. Percy. That is what he will remain to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Percival, you do look like you're feeling pretty comfortable there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. He loves to sing..because he's happy with
    the variety of places he has to sleep...And,
    l bet he sings mostly ballads...Bless him..!x

    ReplyDelete