Monday, May 8, 2023

Sleeping Sound(less)ly

It’s taken a while but I think Percival has ceased yelling in the night. So far, it’s been four nights straight without him waking me. Though I still wake during the dark hours, that is of my own doing, and when I do, see more often than not that Perce is sleeping in the lower saddle of Cammie’s saddle-topped cat-tree, not far from the bed. I think his growing quiet in the evening, and his determining on one location for sleeping are two characteristics of the same action, or, perhaps, reaction.



In other aspects of his integration into the household, though he and Imogen have not played again, they sniff noses at least once a day, and Miss Silky doesn’t mind Percival’s proximity very much. There are, however, periodic exchanges of whaps when the big-headed boy sniffs for too long.



It’s taken a while - Percival has been in the Cosy Apartment for going on five weeks - but it appears the newcomer is at last feeling comfortable in his new surroundings. I think the serenity in the night is a real sign of that, compared with the more superficial - though sincere - indications displayed so far. It augurs well for any future adoption for the friendly fellow.


13 comments:

  1. I see you Neville!
    And Percy, you look adorable popping up out of the your private booth there. It's pink AND blue so both you and Imogen can go sit in it. Boy-Girl. Thank GOODNESS Percival has stopped yelling and announcing all night. WHEW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very glad for everyone's sake that Percival has settled down at nighttime now. I love that pic of him sleeping on the couch. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that Percy has finally stopped yelling at night, and I'm sure you're finding the peace and quiet welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great news about Percy settling down. He looks like a very happy guy in those photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news. Miss Pops howls at leasr once a noght just briefly for reassurance, but since moving back to her heated winter bed in my room she has been much quieter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear that Percival is settling in well (and quietly now). I do hope he is able to find a forever home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful news that Percy makes himself at home =^x^=
    Last photo is super cute ! My mom is melting

    ReplyDelete
  8. He certainly settled into the Cozy Compartment...
    And is quite a poser..(and l should know)..and
    seems to like his photo took...HaHa! Love that
    bottom photo...Bless him..! :O)x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad Percy has decided to stop his night time serenades. Maybe Imogen had a word with him and told him it was enough.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to hear that Percy is calming down .
    He looks pretty relaxed on the sofa ;)
    Purrs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. See what your patience has wrought?
    Wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  12. He is just such a handsome boi!!! I'm glad he is now comfortable, just like we all knew he would be!!

    ReplyDelete