Friday, May 19, 2023

Dabney Comes to the Cosy Apartment

Dabney’s surgery went well. He had a couple of gouges and minor scratches suggestive of a fight or two, so he was checked for FIV, which he does not have. He was given his first vaccinations and had his claws cut. He was groggy upon his arrival at the Cosy Apartment, but that of course didn’t last.


The newcomer was quiet in the night, for which I am thankful, though he definitely wants out of the bathroom (and probably out of the apartment building.) He has eaten, though I haven’t seen him drink any water, and he hasn’t used the litter-box. That will be his key to the wider dimensions of the library. He can’t keep it in forever, so the question will be where he will choose to deposit it.


In the meantime, he is tolerant of my touching. I have been able to put him back in the carrier a couple of times. I find that better than keeping him in the bathroom while I shower or wash in the mornings; the door can be open to allow the heat and humidity to escape. I think he will adapt to me quite well. The resident cats are another matter, but we will see about them soon enough.


For now, Dabney is following the right road, and there’s no indication that he won’t continue so.


15 comments:

  1. Dabney is a cutie pie, if one ignores the 'I hate pawparazzi' glare!
    You will learn, sweet boy, that The Cozy Apartment is the place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Bless! Him...He's lovely...He looks
    a quiet happy little soul...though a few naps
    would'nt go amiss...!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty little guy! I hope his integration goes well. You said he was an irregular visitor to the colony. Perhaps that's why the other cats were hostile to him--he was simply an "outsider," not someone whom other cats would automatically reject.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor love, he's had quite the upheaval in his life! I hope he can sense it's for the better. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a sweet darling little boy. I am so glad he got through his surgery and his exam so well and maybe tomorrow he may have had his drink in the night time and use his box. I'll be thinking of him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor fellow will be a bit confused at first.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Dabney is so cute, and I'm so glad things went well with his surgery. The best thing is that he is FIV negative. Did the vet give you an estimate regarding his age? From the pictures you posted, he looks pretty young. I wonder if that's why the other cats in the colony didn't care for him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is a sweet looking boy and doesn't look very old. I am glad his surgery and tests all went well. He is probably feeling rather subdued at the moment and hopefully will be perkier tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dabney is such a lovely looking cat. Poor boy, I'm certain the last while has been quite stressful for him. I do hope he quickly realizes the good place he is in. I agree with other comments, he looks very young.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Dabney, you are handsome...and soon you will learn the pleasures of living the good life, at least I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dabney is mighty cute :)
    He is lucky to be in your care and hopefully he will continue to do well :)
    Purrs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute. Dabney, you are in a good and loving place now.

    ReplyDelete