I have always found it rather enjoyable getting to know a new cat. I like watching their behaviour, noting their routines, gauging their reactions. Sometimes, however, there are mitigating circumstances.
I have found that Rhapsody loves chin-scratches. She also likes, to an extent, chest-rubs - but not tummy-rubs. The question about the latter, however, is how much her dislike of being touched on her belly is due to her pregnancy, and how much to her natural attitude. She will change through the next few weeks - indeed, she has no doubt already changed - and I may have to re-learn something about her nature later.
But I think she is, and will remain, a happy cat. She purrs a great deal, and kneads a lot. I think she also likes company, which saddens me because I can’t spend as much time with her as possible. But she has met Moxy a couple more times and there has been no more adverse reactions on her part. Even those Moxy suffered were hardly hostile. I hope that soon she will tolerate feline company.
I believe that when her mothering is done, Rhapsody will make a wonderful companion for some human, and probably for another cat.



Rhapsody is an excellent name for her. She's a delightful girl.
ReplyDeleteeye am glad ewe haz finded a friend in mox….N even if eye hada trout in me belly….πππΈπΈ it would bee… N iz…off limitz ‼️ππΎ
ReplyDeleteRhapsody sounds like a delightful cat and I'm sure she will make a great addition to a lucky family.
ReplyDeleteShe looks such a sweet and happy girl.
ReplyDeleteI also hope in time she will enjoy the company of other cats and humans
ReplyDeleteShe looks content enough with chin rubbing. She's likely to want lots more.
ReplyDeleteI think she had to have been well loved at least for a while, don't you? What a dear little girl. If I lived there, I would actually see about possibly adopting her even though Katie would not like it. But, Katie is in her sunset years so territory fights might be more mild. .
ReplyDeleteEverything has to be topsy-turvy when one is expecting kittens.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful and sweet.
ReplyDeleteEverytime I read her name, I want to sing a song...not sure what song, or maybe 'Rhapsody On A Kitty' LOL! There are a lot of classical rhapsodies for various instruments, maybe that is what makes me want to sing...
ReplyDeleteAnyways, glad the integration with Moxy is going along well so far.
It sounds like she’s going to be a great addition to someone’s family.
ReplyDelete