Lynn and Precious were asking about Millie, as that little tortoiseshell had not been on the blog for a while.
Millie is doing well. She still keeps to the cat-room much of the time; she is not one for interacting with other felines. But she does come out, especially in the quiet after dinner or on a weekend afternoon, when the other beasts are slumbering. She and I are good friends; she especially likes lying beside me in the cat-room before bed-time, or when I am watching a movie on Saturday nights. I try to have a time set aside for each cat when I can give her my attention, or simply be with her and no other. Movie-night is our time together.
But Mills has shown that, if given the chance, she would likely sleep on the bed with her human. When I have a nap on a weekend, I will open the door to the cat-room, and she will hurry in to the bedroom and, jumping up on the bed, spend the nap by my head. I don’t think she sleeps during that period, as she is too worried about other cats coming near her. She needs to be an only cat for complete happiness.
On that subject, though I don’t want to jinx anything, someone has expressed an interest in Millie. She lives in my neighbourhood and would like to visit Mills. This is usually not done; the initial meeting between cat and prospective adopter is during a trial-adoption of at least two weeks. This allows the cat to be seen as she naturally is, and not frightened of a stranger suddenly thrust upon her. But not all cats take fright at such newness, and Millie will probably want to meet any human she hasn’t seen before. This is all early days yet, and we must see how things go, one step at a time.
For now, Millie is content, playful, active and healthy, ready to give what for to any cat she doesn’t like, and ready to give any person a chance.




Great photos of the sweet girl. And wouldn't that be wonderful if she ended up being adopted and not very far away from where she lives now. Cross my fingers for her. Maybe this what comes of not talking about her very often.
ReplyDeleteIt would be fabulous if this would work out and Millie would have found her forever home. I, too, will keep my fingers crossed for her.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds promising! I hope she can soon be the sole Queen of the Castle.
ReplyDeleteBless her. I am so glad that along with Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract, you and the shelter where she waits thought of how to deny her the type of place she would spray on.
ReplyDeleteWhat great news that Millie may have found a furever home. Fingers and paws crossed that things work out. Please keep us posted.
ReplyDeleteitz oh kay ta bee an onlee cat millie…gram paw dude waz that way N eye am az well πΎπΈπ‼️
ReplyDeleteI am sure someone will be charmed by this quiet girl.
ReplyDeleteMillie, do you know that you have your own private cheering section, out here on the interwebs?
ReplyDeleteWe all love you, and want you to have the bestest of everything.
Millie, we sure hope a new home for you, will soon be a reality!
ReplyDeleteLovely photos of Millie. I hope things work out well, and Millie gets her forever home as an only cat.
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet girl.
ReplyDeleteI am hoping great things for Millie.
ReplyDelete