Saturday, February 21, 2026

Rhapsody's Field Trip

Fostering a cat for adoption by someone else provides a wealth of information on the beast. Today, I decided to bring Rhapsody up to the bedroom, allowing her a change of scenery and the other cats to explore her smell in the library.



The little torbie was curious but also a little apprehensive, wandering about and crying the while. Then she found the window. It shows quite a bit more than those in the library, and evidently Rhapsody remembered her time outside, with its consequent freedom (never mind the freezing cold and small rations of inappropriate food, the ingrate.) She started panicking and actually pulled the screen out of the window. Thank goodness it’s winter and the window’s glass pane was shut tight.



I figured that she’d had enough excitement, especially as by then she was panting. I put her back in the carrier (I wasn’t about to carry an animal unused to being carried through a houseful of stranger-cats) and returned her to the library. Once there, she immediately regained her composure. An hour later, she had a full tummy and was lying in a cat-bed for the first time since she’d arrived.


Her next excursion will be a bit more cautious.


12 comments:

  1. It seems that Rhapsody had quite an adventure, but as the bottom picture indicates, she certainly suffered no ill effects from her field trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was an unexpected reaction. I'm glad she settled down again once in her familiar space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evidently looking out the window was just a little bit too much excitement for her. Who knows what Memories it triggered. But back in her other room in her bed she looks relaxed which is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks happy and relaxed once returned to the library. Hopefully she will soon appreciate the benefits of being well fed, warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rhapsody is such a cutie pie; here's hoping she finds her peaceful place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes. I do wonder what she was thinking when she looked out the window.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorree ya hada time oh it rhapsody.....sum timez bee in out side iz knot all wayz a good thing....hope ewe can settlez down & N joy life on de inn side now....give up that street pass a port ...eye did...itz all for de good !! =^..^= ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m glad she was with you, a less experienced foster parent might not have kept cool in all this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is beautiful. I wish I could adopt her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, she sure was not a happy camper in that newer space. She must have been so relieved to be back in her more familiar place.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How I am missing these till the next day must mean I should shift my visit time to give you a chance to post first! :-)

    ReplyDelete