Wednesday, February 18, 2026

The Newcomer

I’d like to introduce Rhapsody.



This young girlcat had been hanging about on a farm just outside of town; such locations are a favourite for people to dump unwanted cats. She is very friendly, very purry, quite socialised, so she had a home at one time. She was nervous when she arrived at the Cosy Cabin, of course, but didn’t try to hide; even her anxiety dissipated quickly.



She may be moving to another foster-home after the rescue-group have her examined by the veterinary. One of our concerns is that she may be pregnant. She is a young female - whether spayed or not, we don’t know - who has been on the loose for at least a couple of months. She has been seen by people in the area during that time, and never appeared pregnant, so she may already be fixed. On the other hand, her appetite is very strong; I don’t know if I could feed her enough soft-food for her liking.



But that will all be determined soon. She otherwise looks to be in good health, is eating and drinking without hesitation - always a worry with new rescues - and has used the litter-box for both kinds of deposits. If she is in as good a condition as she looks, it may not be long before this pretty girl has a permanent home.


17 comments:

  1. It's wonderful that Rhapsody is now in the good hands of the Lethbridge PAW Society, and at The Cosy Cabin for at least a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little thing! It seems unimaginable that anyone could dump her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I dislike people who throw away animals like they do their trash. Such a great find to save this one. She is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to this sweetie! I will cross my fingers that she's already spayed, but assuming she's in good health, I would think she'd be able to find a true forever home fairly quickly! Smooches and scritches to her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ewe bee one gorgeouz gal rhapsody….N heerz a nother plate oh bezt fizhez N wizhez that ewe find… N iz in …yur for everz yet thiz month….glad ewe were rezz cued frum de out oh doorz …N curzez two de bass terdz who left ewe bee hind like that ….N joy livin life off de streetz, de CC izza grate place ta chillax πŸ˜ΈπŸΎπŸŸπŸ’šπŸ’š til ya findz yur home πŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’š

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is very pretty. What is wrong with people that they can just throw their pets out when they no longer want them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous girl. We hope she isn't pregnant and that she soon has a loving and forever home. XOCK, angels Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid & Sawyer, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy, Kizmet, Audrey, Raleigh, Gibbs & Tali

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful cat. Welcome Rhapsody! I'm so glad she is now off the street and safe at the Cosy Cabin. How anyone could throw away such a sweet little girl is beyond my comprehension.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is beautiful. I hope she is healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rhabsody sure is beautiful. I'm glad she's safe with you now at the Cosy Cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. At least she is safe now, that’s the main thing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Rhapsody! What a blessed girl cat you are!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rhapsody! I wasn't here to greet you yesterday! I don't know how I missed beautiful and sweet you. XXXX But here I am!

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is so pretty! We are happy she is settling in well.
    Purrs,
    Giovanni, Gabriel, and Mom Sierra

    ReplyDelete