Rhapsody is doing well. I think she is lonely in the library, as she cries sometimes, and wants out. I spend as much time with her as I can but that doesn’t amount to much, unfortunately. That’s the problem when cats are in isolation; Millie similarly suffers, because she spends almost all of her time in the cat-room, even when she has the opportunity to wander.
But I discovered that Rhapsody knows about playing. I can’t say she tackled the activity with enthusiasm, though whether that is because she hasn’t played in a long time or because she doesn’t like it, I can’t determine. Nonetheless, it is more evidence that she formerly had a home and was probably an insider-cat for at least some of it.
She continues to eat ravenously, but her litter-box visits are already settling into a routine. Though the people who had found her were feeding her, it was perhaps not appropriate food for her, and her body was probably trying to adjust to various factors. Now, she will receive regular cat-food with plenty of moisture. (I think she may have been dehydrated a bit.) Her veterinary examination is set for Monday afternoon, when we will see how healthy she is, and hopefully solve the mystery of whether or not she is spayed.







I hope you get good news about her being already spayed. She acts like a cat who had loving owners at some point. It's always such a sad mystery when cats who clearly once had a home become strays.
ReplyDeleteI have always thought that perhaps they were accidentally let out by friends, sitters, or when one answers the door. Imran, when they are friendly, even loving and show they were pets.
DeleteI wonder if she was accidentally let out...or squeezed out during a door opening.I'd about have a stroke if that happened with Katie. Her little sides look bowed out a bit. I wonder of she is indeed pregnant. Please let us know how old the Vet thinks she is.
ReplyDeleteGood luck on Monday. Rhapsody looks to be having a great time in these photos. I've wondered about how Millie is doing. She's been in the background for a while.
ReplyDeleteShe is very sweet playing. I hope she has been spayed, but I do agree with Katie and Carole that she does look slightly rounded.
ReplyDeleteI join with the others in hoping she's not pregnant. She really does seem to be a darling girl, so well cared for at some point. As others have suggested, perhaps she inadvertently got out. Or worse, that her human passed and relatives (or others in charge) abandoned her. I wonder if she's microchipped. Or does PAWS have the ability to check?
ReplyDeleteWe will check for a micro-chip at her veterinary examination.
DeleteGlad she is doing well. I hope she is already spayed.
ReplyDeleteShe appears to be such a sweet cat. I agree with the others that perhaps she accidentally got out. I also agree that she does look a little round. I'll be interested to hear how her vet visit on Monday goes.
ReplyDeleteSome families move and leave the cat behind on purpose, but some lose the cat in the move. My Sister-in-Law did, but the neighbor found it a few days later and took it in. Sister-in-Law had to fly back to get him!
ReplyDeleteEither way, it seems she’s going to make a wonderful cat for a lucky someone.
Rhapsody, what a lovely name for a pretty kitty! Welcome! I sure hope she isn't pregnant, and was already spayed. She'll be a joy to her new furmily whenever that will happen.,
ReplyDelete