Tuesday, February 10, 2026

Another Episode of the Indigo Show

This will hopefully be the last blog-entry about Indigo for a while: the other cats are starting to feel that she is hogging the spotlight.


Since her all-day visit to the hospital on January 21st, a number of things have changed in Indigo. Some have not: while not minding the other cats as much, she still gets into a fracas with them now and then, and it can be just as loud and disruptive as any previous. But, as noted before, she now spends most of her time in the sitting room, which is a big adjustment and, I think, an improvement.


While at the hospital to receive her sensor, I and a fellow member of the rescue-group who accompanied me both held Indigo, who of course was nervous about being there. But she calmed while being held, and seemed to like being in our arms. Last night, at home, I picked her up and carried her about for a while. She began purring. This is the first time she has purred while I was either holding or picking her up.


I carried Indie over to the big front window and set her on the cat-tree there. Priorly, when placed there, she had always immediately leaped off again. This time, she remained, and even took an interest in what was outside, which is highly unusual for her. She stayed on the cat-tree while I did chores elsewhere, and only jumped down after about twenty minutes.


These changes are small things, it’s true, and may be temporary. But I have said before that once a cat does something positive, she may do it again, because she remembers what occurred; she remembers the benefits. So Indigo may undergo other changes, and have new, small adventures. This will may not be the last episode of the Indigo Show. Sorry, other cats.


13 comments:

  1. Shows how safe she really feels at the Cosy Cabin. And glad to be home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We enjoy reading of Indigo's progresses, as well as the other felines at The Cosy Cabin.
    Do they enjoy watching curling, downhill skiing, or speed skating?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they like it when people slip on ice.

      Delete
    2. Cats must think two-footed creatures are ridiculous.

      Delete
  3. Small steps, but important ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. indie…while may bee knot all wayz heer on thiz blog…da cat father hada hole yeer ta hiz self πŸ˜ΈπŸ–€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ–€πŸΎ‼️well, may bee knot quite…think de saga ended in novemburr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The very fondly remembered and greatly missed Catfather... Sigh.

      Delete
  5. Indigo is certainly making progress. I think perhaps she has realized that maybe humans aren't so bad after all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great that she's showing more interest in her surroundings!! Please keep us updated.
    Purrs,
    Giovanni, Gabriel, and Mom Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indigo is gradually accepting further comforts which once may have been a challenge to her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is doing great! Proud for her and of her for thinking things through!!

    ReplyDelete