Saturday, February 28, 2026

Lightfoot


This is Moxy in the linen cupboard. Moxy is not allowed in the linen cupboard.


I don’t know why he wants in there; probably because he’s not allowed. But he doesn’t settle down and snooze in there, among the towels and sheets, as I know Valkyrie did. On the other hand, he doesn’t hook his claws into the contents of the cupboard and fling them about, pulling threads out as he does so, as Valkyrie did, so I suppose I should be satisfied with what does and doesn’t happen.


Then again, I am impressed that a cat of his bulk and density manages to jump into an upper shelf without touching anything, or knocking a pile of items over. I am especially glad that he doesn’t do this when he finds a way into the kitchen cupboards where my dishes and glasses are stored…

10 comments:

  1. Looks comfy, quiet and private and cars love being where they're not allowed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exerting his dominance on the foldables...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moxy does seem to enjoy being in your linen cupboard. Perhaps he just enjoys having some time away from the other cats. After all, everyone deserves a little peace and quiet on occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some cats are extremely agile, for even such an agile species.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess he didn't get the memo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe he is mad you don't trust him to be there when he keeps showing you, again and again, how careful and capable he is, to not knock anything over... But he is probably willing to keep proving it to you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. He does look very comfortable in there. Flynn loved our airing (linen) cupboard, but the hot water tank was in there, so it was always warm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe he likes the soft Landing up there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anywhere a cat "shouldn't" be is where they WILL be, of course! 🙃

    ReplyDelete
  10. It could be worse. My first cat, Archie, liked to lounge in the cupboard where we kept our dishes and cups. I never figured how he did that without knocking any of them out.

    ReplyDelete