Friday, September 11, 2026

Apron-strings, and When to Cut Them

The Tempos are now five months old, yet they still want to nurse on their mother. They love their mum and start purring heavily when they snuggle with her. She is security and comfort to them. Rhapsody, for her part, loves her boys, and no matter how old they get, they still seem to be kittens to her. But it’s coming time for them to grow up, move out and start their own lives. Apron-strings should be only so long.


6 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the film, "Failure To Launch".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mama's boys! Still, I'm sure that when the time comes for them to leave the nest, they'll be ready for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mommy needs a rest. There is a little gown that fastens at neck and waist level that prevents them from nursing. I saw it on another blog...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, fawns at a year old still want to nurse when mom has her newest babies. Mother's milk and all the attention that goes with it is what they crave. I'm sure Rho will want to wash and purr with them, but she should get a chance to stop with the feeding, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm doing my best to refrain from any sarcastic momma's boy comments! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm surprised that Rho is still permitting the Tempos to nurse at 5 months of age. I thought the queen would wean her kittens earlier.

    ReplyDelete