Monday, March 19, 2018

Disrupted Sunday

The building in which I live had to have its cable system examined. This meant a technician entering each apartment and checking the wiring. Originally, they were scheduled to come to my apartment last Wednesday. That was postponed until Sunday. Though this was a day off for me, I preferred the visit then, as it meant that strangers would not be in my home while I was absent. (The resident manager, who knows about my cats, and is a cat-man himself, would have seen that none of my cats escaped, but, as every cat-person knows, that’s not the point of one’s concern.)

The technicians arrived at eleven o’clock, which was considerate. I had wondered if they were going to show up at eight or nine. Sunday is the one day of the week in which I can sleep in and make up for the remainder of the week. But I had breakfasted and was ready for the intrusion.

Fortunately, the work required was restricted to the sitting room, at the corner from which the cable enters the apartment. There was no need to go into other rooms; working in the library would have meant moving not only books but bookcases. I was pleased at the limited work needed.

The beasts were not. Though they (except Cammie) are friendly to visitors and are not overly anxious about them after the first few minutes, a large man with jangling and clanking hardware and equipment is another matter. Most of them made for the bedroom - Josie was already there. Parker, who likes to meet every new person, was so welcoming that I had to put him in the library, to keep him out of the way. This did not please him.

The episode lasted only about fifteen minutes, and all soon returned to normal. Parker was disappointed, and the others were relieved. Recovery from their ordeal could begin. A relaxing Sunday lie ahead.


8 comments:

  1. You know Parker and Katie would love being co-hosts of a house pawty. She is just like him. Greets everyone...up in their face...rubbing against legs, sweetest behavior and truly, a thorough pest to work men.

    She is a man's kitty. Lady visitors get a greeting and some bit of company but that's all. ANY man, service person, probably even a burglar gets the royal I am so GLAD to see you treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good that the disruption was mercifully brief, but even so, it can take (some) cats a bit of time to "recover" from intrusions like that. I smiled at Parker being displeased to be shut up, away from the centre of activity. Nicki would have been *right there* too, though I find that as he gets older, he's content to check everything out, then find a spot in which to curl up and nap. He loathes being confined, even to a room, and makes that known, loud and clear!

    Anyway, at least the rest of the Sunday was relaxing and (I hope) uneventful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. guyz....we R troo lee sorree ya had ta go with 15 hourz oh nerve wrackin non sense....a furnace man invaded trout towne for dayz on end two... N me tuna; waz high lee upset; it's prob ablee gonna take me several POUNDZ of grazz ta get over it....eye noe ewe guyz two.....may bee knot grazz...purrhapz 15 poundz oh nip ~~~~ ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. this made mom smile - Mo was our "never met a stranger" guy. all repair men were fair game. Chanel may be taking over the roll now

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad the disruption didn't last long. Parker makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad it went well. I would not want anyone in my home unless I was there to guard to kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to laugh at Parker's reaction to the workman. Luckily they were repairmen and not burglars. He would have shown them where you keep the silver! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All in all, sounds like the entire process turned out quite positive!

    ReplyDelete