I think the babies of every species of mammal on the planet undergo the ordeal of the spit-wash. Human children certainly do; the only concession the parent makes is that a handkerchief or facial tissue is used. Otherwise, it’s the same: a dirty face or body receives the cleansing benefit of spit.
So it was with Rhapsody’s kittens last night. Their mother decided it was time for them to be bathed. Each was seized in turn; there was no refusal. They were held down, little limbs flailing, eyes shut against a rough tongue. Resistance was of no use.
It’s not easy being the children of a good mother. But they certainly stay clean.


It's not easy for the furry mother, either....so much spit to generate! 😆
ReplyDelete"Each was seized in turn!" "Little limbs flailing" Oh what a grand description of bath time. And you're right of course. Every mammal including us, get the benefit of the spit wash. I have occasionally had the benefit of said wash by friends when I was a kid and needed it apparently, and even an adult dear friend through the years, I must be a sloppy eater or something. .
ReplyDeleteA good mom always wants the child to wash behind the ears. In Rho's case, she's got to do the washing for now.
ReplyDeleteAnd as a kid, even an adult of it is a family dear friend, don't take offense or even think twice really when the spit and tissue come out! You are used to it through the childhood years...what's to get upset over? Now...not someone you don't know. We're talking kids and family here...or friends like family and I have a few.
ReplyDeleteAnd it's already clear how quickly they're growing!
ReplyDeleteRho is such a good mom, and the kids look beautiful and fluffy after their bath.
ReplyDeleteKeeping her babies shipshape and Bristol fashion!
ReplyDeleteShe’s a great mama and I’m sure she does this every day to all of them.
ReplyDeleteFrom this they will learn to clean themselves.
This made me smile
ReplyDelete