Friday, May 1, 2026

Little Purrs

The kittens are showing progress. Yesterday, I caught Vivace, the little tortoiseshell girl, scrabbling at the walls of the birthing bed. It was not a serious effort to escape, but it’s the first time any of the babies has shown an inclination to go beyond the visible borders of their world.


Largo, meanwhile - that’s him behind Viv in the photograph -  has started purring. He responded positively to me stroking his back and sides. That’s a positive sign in the kittens’ interaction with me, as well as in their physical and emotional growth. Until now, their reactions have comprised hissing, spitting and squealing in protest. (Keeping them close to my body when I lift them away from their mother reassures them to an extent.)


The Tempos also seem to enjoy having the bridges of their noses gently rubbed. I know a number of cats who like that, and while I rub them there these little ones close their eyes and sit still.


They are three weeks old now.


11 comments:

  1. Three weeks already! They will be able to start singing in the choir quite soon. Precious enjoys her nose rubbed the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three weeks! Such sweet little faces. I would volunteer to give nose rubs if I could teleport over! πŸ™ƒ

    ReplyDelete
  3. And thanks for all these updates on the Tempos. It's fun watching their little lives begin to evolve and grow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hay ewe wee kittenz…life iz bout ta get reeeeeeeeeeeel lee interestin
    ther in de cabin 🎢🎡🎢🎢🎡‼️πŸ˜ΈπŸΎπŸ’š

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three weeks sure have gone by quickly and the kittens have gotten so big. Time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wee babes!
    So cute, and those stirrings of growth must be wonderful to witness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! I wish I would hold one or a bunch all at once. (I'd wear long sleeves!!!) Katie likes her nose rubbed too...very gently. It's like closely shorn velvet, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eyes open and ready to take on the world, as long as it doesn’t get too much past bedtime.

    ReplyDelete