Thursday, May 21, 2026

At Home With the Tempos

This is a two-minute home movie of the Tempos at play. You’ll notice a number of things going on. One that I found interesting is Allegro’s instinct to ‘cover up’ food he doesn’t want to eat for the moment (it all disappeared later); it is already well-developed at five weeks. Someone apparently was trying to hunt sunlight. Parents know when to make the most of an opportunity. The birthing bed presents no barriers now. At the start, both Allegro and Andante were being good boys and using a litter-box for its purpose. Presto tries to climb the foster-guardian; not the latter’s purpose. And on the library’s flooring, little kittens sound like ponies when they trot.


Fifteen minutes later, all the babies were asleep in their beds.





9 comments:

  1. I have not loved a video AND the sound near as much as I loved this one. You are certainly right! Ponies. I LOVE hearing the running. And seeing what they are doing. See their Mom is having an undisturbed meal. You are Mt. Bellen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a herd of baby elephants on that bare floor. So adorable! They're even funnier when you watch the video at almost 2x normal speed! 😆

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's quite the action movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rho calmly eating while all this wild scampering was happening. and one trying to climb your leg while another was shadow boxing! They are a lively group. Shows how healthy they are. Only because they were lucky enough to be born inside with a well taken care of mum.
    Seney always buried her food, for nearly 20 years, but she never had to stand in the bowl to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that mom is ignoring everything and quietly eating while you're being "attacked". That is a very cute video, but I'm tired just watching it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They have energy to burn, and burn it they do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kittens learn to sound like a herd of elephants from the get-go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. just think….or then again, maybe not…what goes on here when your at work !

    hay ewe wee kittenz, yur moovee total lee rox…eye wached it like two timez mor ore sew N it getz 984 timez two mor pawz UP for act shun
    N suz penze 😸‼️🐾💚

    ReplyDelete