Saturday, September 5, 2026

A Tale of Two Players

Playing is a good way of progressing in a number of directions. Coda is still very wary of me, and spends much of his time hiding. But at play-time, he will come out. On such occasions, the streamer-stick is very helpful. I recall that it brought Brazil more out of his shell. I stood at a distance, which he found non-threatening, yet I could interact with him. The same is the case with Coda. He didn’t quite know what to do with the streamer-stick at first, but he got the idea.



Presto, on the other hand, is showing that he still has a kitten’s spirit, even though it shows only in one eye now. He does find the cone restrictive, and while I take it off for his meals and at other times, it can be removed only when I am directly watching him. Consequently, he rests more than the other Tempos, and more than he did before his surgery, but resting, along with plenty of good food, is just what he needs most now. But it’s pleasing to see him play now and then.



Even so, his brothers are cautious around this strange creature, who looks like a mutated version of their sibling. Maybe once that cone disappears, poor Presto won’t be such an object of curiosity.


11 comments:

  1. Three darlings up there on the Library Table, waiting for strokes, kisses and snuggles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hospital smell might still be lurking, however lightly. Glad he is progressing !

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last photo cracked me up! 😆

    I'm glad Coda is playing with you like this and that Presto is recovering well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems that both Coda and Pesto are coming along nicely. Once Presto no longer needs his cone, I'm sure the other Tempos will recognize him as their brother. And Coda has started playing with you and that's a good sign.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cone might look a bit scary to his siblings. I know it’s hard to estimate such things, but do you have an idea how long Presto will have to wear it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're hoping that when Presto returns to the hospital for a progress check on Wednesday, the doctor will tell us that the cone will no longer be needed.

      Delete
  6. Certainly got some progress Coda learning how to be playful with other cats in the house and with you. Presto seems to be progressing and it'll be wonderful when the eye is completely healed closed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make me realise I don't play with my cats nearly enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can cheat: kittens usually play with each other or by themselves, so it takes some load off of me.

      Delete
  8. Purring that Presto's cone will be gone shortly, so his playtime and that of his sibs will be as rambunctious as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As with all things, this cone shall pass into history and all should be well. As for Coda, he may never be a snuggle bug, but I'm sure he will eventually be friendly enough to enjoy being someone's special cat.

    ReplyDelete