Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Bang-bang-bang-bang

The Tempos like to play with the rods that control the curtains and blinds in the Cosy Cabin. I think they like the way they bounce against the window or its frame. Bang-bang-bang-bang. Bang-bang-bang-bang. I don’t mind hearing that, really; the kittens have never attacked the curtains or blinds themselves, so it’s best to divert their attention with something innocuous. Bang-bang-bang-bang. Bang-bang-bang-bang. It’s true that it can be a bit disruptive at night, and is rather like a primitive alarm clock, derived from a dropped stick. But they seem to enjoy it. They like the repetition, I think. Bang-bang-bang-bang. Bang-bang-bang-bang. And they have to be adopted some day, right?



12 comments:

  1. It seems that the Tempos are living up to their name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their way of starting their own band, rock and roll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um...the next step will be if the blinds are ever down and there's something they insist on seeing...the amazing bent and destroyed slats they are out trying to see out of, or they think will rid them of the annoyance, are a sight to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Moxy destroyed my library blinds in the old apartment on his first night in captivity - and they weren't even drawn. Because of the cats, I haven't drawn blinds or curtains in nineteen years. If people see something they don't like, well, that'll teach 'em for being nosy.

      Delete
    2. Right you are! That was the way here with Admiral and Katoe but NOW! I have the blinds closed and they are touching the sill. Ahhhhh.

      Delete
    3. Me and my typos. Up above and even now. Sigh

      Delete
  4. tuna used to ….whap the crap….outta the door stopper…makes for a nice twang sound at 3 AM, on a work day 🙀🙀

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who needs toys, they make their own playthings...intelligent kitties I say!

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least they keep themselves entertained.

    ReplyDelete