Friday, September 4, 2026

The Healing Continues

Presto is doing well. He is spending his days and nights in the back parlour, isolated from the other beasts, though I will probably let him out when I am present this weekend. The only reason he is being kept away from the others is because I don’t want any injuries caused to his eye-wound or private parts. If I am present, and he wears his cone, it should be acceptable for him to have some freedom.



He is clearly lonely by himself. He has never been by himself. I tried putting Largo with him last night, but that didn’t end his crying and occasional banging, thumping and scraping as he tried to escape the room through the closed door. All it did was add Largo’s low and constant warning growls. I think the appearance of a cone-headed creature, perhaps smelling quite different from his brother, unnerved Rhapsody’s youngest. I will try them together again during the weekend, and maybe Presto can have some company in the night.



I spent time with Presto last evening. I removed his cone and he seemed untroubled by either surgical location. I am not so worried about the neutering. Newly neutered cats usually heal perfectly well there; certainly, ferals do and must, as they cannot be tended to in their recovery. But it would take only the swipe of a claw during a normal scratch of an itchy spot to tear open the eye-wound.


With me watching for such things, though, I removed the cone, and Presto was very happy with the company, kneading and purring and eventually drifting off to sleep for a while.


8 comments:

  1. Oh my. At least I am remembering that he is getting better every day. I get too emotional about anything cat related these days what with Katie gone. I know he's alright and it was good to see him with you, happy and asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dood…still lookin my tee hansum buddy and hope de eye spot will kleer up fazt sew ewe can get bak two playin N. hangin out with de crew…mor blezzingz headed yur way ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿค๐Ÿค๐Ÿงก๐Ÿพ‼️๐Ÿ˜ธ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww I bet he enjoyed the snuggles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's such a sweetheart. I know he'll recover well, but I do feel sorry that he's had to go through this. I sincerely hope he'll have a long, healthy, happy life in a wonderful forever home down the road - yours or someone else's!

    Have a peaceful and enjoyable long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so enjoyed seeing this on friday. Sorry we couldn't post any comments then. Presto looks like he's very comfortable lying there with you. Still praying for a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m glad he’s recovering, when they are this young it’s usually rather easy as everything knits while growing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad that you were able to make him purr. Losing an eye must have been a frightening experience for him. I hope he'll be able to rejoin his siblings soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. presto we hope your feel all better soon!!

    ReplyDelete