Monday, January 22, 2024

A Generous Invitation


One of the numerous blogs that I find interesting is Strange Company (http://strangeco.blogspot.com), written by Undine. This blog is about the odd, the unusual, the intriguing. Sometimes it features tales of the supernatural or paranormal, or stories of encounters with aliens or unknown creatures. Just as frequently, the blog tells of crimes and criminals, both unsolved and punished. Then again, there are the straightforward articles on rather unstraightforward people, the eccentric, the influential, the obscure. In each case, there is a facet of the story that is a little - or a lot - out of the ordinary, perhaps unexpected.


Undine and I have been reading each other’s blogs for years, and, following the publication of my book, Inductions Dangerous - which she was kind enough to read (and even kinder to praise) - she asked me to write a guest post for Strange Company. I have done so, and it is featured on her blog today. Unable to match her story-telling of the unworldly and mystifying, I decided to be more earthbound in my subject, and wrote about one of the above-mentioned unstraightforward individuals of history, one who had an influence on the whole world, and on the fictional one I have created in my book. I hope you find it as entertaining as Undine’s own posts - which I strongly encourage you to enjoy.


Thank you, Undine!

12 comments:

  1. Thank you again for your post! I enjoyed it immensely, and I'm sure my readers will, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest John,
    Did read it and commented.
    You seem to be a history buff and wrote it in great detail.
    Hugs,
    Mariette + Kitties

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to Undine for instigating your post on "C" -- I enjoyed learning more about the real person you made seem real in the book. I am so enjoying the stories, and have ordered one for my sister, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will pop over and check out the blog by Undine

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really is cool and it's nice to have blog pals like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy both your blog and Undine's ! I don't often comment, but am a faithful reader !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be heading to her blog to read the post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll check out Undine's blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I greatly enjoyed your post on Undine's blog. Thank you for directing me there, I have added her to my reader.

    ReplyDelete