Monday, January 29, 2024

Just a Bit

Brazil is feeling better. He’s been eating satisfactorily, and playing. This morning, he didn’t eat as much, but I could tell that this was fussiness, rather than ill-health.


He is like that now and then. I have learned that Shimmer can be a bit of a complainer. He will wander the apartment expressing displeasure at various things: his missing friends, the day’s menu, as yet unscooped litter-boxes…


I have read more than once that when the British soldier stopped complaining, something was wrong. While Brazil was feeling poorly, he was quiet. He refused all food and generally seemed out of energy. Today, he wandered about grousing, but with a light step; his tail was up the whole time. (And what a tail! Look at that thing: it’s like a monkey’s.)


We come to know our feline friends. It’s one of the benefits of fostering an adoptable cat: we learn their moods, their attitudes, their behaviours. Brazil is well again. He’s just a bit of a complainer.


12 comments:

  1. Dearest John,
    Oh, we both have learned that kitties have such varying characters—just like human beings...
    Happy to read Brazil is feeling better!
    Hugs,
    Mariette + Kitties

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such great news! And that tail is up if I EVER saw one in that position!! It is the longest tail I have seen. I am so glad he is feeling himself again. I wonder what overtook him unless it was the blues because of his missing friends?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brazil, do you want a bit of cheese with that whine?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great news! You're quite correct - When someone (or some cat), stops complaining, there's something wrong. So it seems Brazil is back to his normal self.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm delighted to read that Brazil is back to his usual grumbly self. His tail is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's good to know that he's well again, even if it's with a bit of grumbling.

    And I never noticed what an impressive tail he has!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brazil just sounds a bit like me. I talk basically to myself off and on all day long just to hear a voice I guess, lol. And yep, that is one impressive long and now today, tall tail. He's lookin' good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is definitely a happy tail. I am glad he is feeling better and back to grumbling again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are so happy that the sweet Brazil is doing much better! We have a wee newbie at our place so we'll be learning all about him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HeHe! Bless,,!x Let's hope he does'nt give up
    the complaining..! :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to hear that Brazil is feeling better. He's such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete