Friday, January 5, 2024

How They Are Sizing Up

The kittens in my care are growing. I wonder, though, if the siblings will match Aurora in size. Someone in the rescue-group suggested that the colourful girl is not yet fully grown; this could be, since she is still smaller than Renn. My big boy is, of course, a large cat, even if he is diminished a bit with age.



But Auro is a heavy beast, and large compared to the siblings, especially Theodore, who, surprisingly, has been overtaken in growth by his sister, Chiff. We know when those two were born - June 4th, 2023 - as they first saw the light of day in a foster-home. We estimate Aurora’s age to be about three weeks greater than Theodore and Chiff’s. Even so, she seems quite large compared to them, and I don’t think the younger pair will narrow the gap in the next three weeks. If Auro still has some length and width to obtain before she finishes, then she will be a strong and impressive cat.



There has been interest in her from a couple of sources, so she may not be with me much longer. It’s interesting that, though tiny kittens attract attention, they don’t receive a great many adoption inquiries. These usually come after they reach six months of age, and many not until they are almost a year old. This suits me, since after six months, a feline personality is formed, and the habits and attitudes they have are what they will retain, making matching them with prospective adopters easier.


If Auro is adopted, the other three youngsters (Brazil included) will miss her. Her increasingly large paw prints will be hard to fill.


12 comments:

  1. There is no doubt Aurora is a beauty and it will be lovely if she gets a forever home soon. Though she will be missed at the Cosy Apartment. And I see Imogen in the midst of a crowd! Tiny kittens, hmm. A "friend" years ago thought I needed a kitten and just stopped by one day with one! Oh, I loved it, but it climbed the drapes and the furniture and I was gone everyday to work. I had to find it a new home at that time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aurora will make a lovely addition to someone's household. I hope she does find her forever home soon, and Chiff and Theodore too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to Aurora finding her forever home. And as LKIm said, Theo and Cliff too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will be bittersweet to see Aurora go to her forever home. I'm sure the trio will find their way, even if they miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aurora is a beautiful cat, and it would be terrific if she were adopted. Wouldn't it be a great way to start the new year?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aurora is a beautiful name for a beautiful kitty, and we all wish her only the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How is it sleeping with all of them? Seriously. Are they sleepers through the night or busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I wake up with only an hour or two to go until I have to start my day, the kittens begin playing, and it's impossible to get back to sleep. Most nights, I have only five hours of sleep.

      Delete
  8. Aurora is beautiful and should have no problem getting her Forever Home. I see Imogen sleeping very close to her

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've noticed how big Aurora is getting--and so quickly, too! It seems like only days ago that she was a teeny kitten.

    I'm not surprised people have shown interest in her. She's a striking-looking girl, and it sounds like she has quite a charming personality. She should find the perfect perma-home soon.

    ReplyDelete