Wednesday, January 3, 2024

The Case of the Tiny Shoelaces

My shoelaces keep shrinking. For the last few days, every time I tied my shoes, there was less lace with which to bind them. Initially, I found this puzzling but, upon closer examination, I noticed that the laces had been chewed through, repeatedly.


I had seen young cats loitering about by my shoes while I wasn’t wearing them. Now, I realise what the delinquents were up to. I cannot, however, have anyone charged for the crime because I’m not sure who committed it.


Was it…the lookout?



Was it the connivers, seen here plotting their next felony?



Or perhaps…the mastermind?



Whatever the solution to the mystery, I have had to buy new shoelaces. As it turns out, they are rather too long for my shoes. But I am not worried. I have a feeling they will be shortened before long…

14 comments:

  1. I guess the kitties knew they were too long and trying to help out. Now you have to start over and they will wonder why you like too long of ones. Better set up that cam-corder and catch the culprit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look pretty guilty to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wondering if the litter box will provide further evidence.... 😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. Self-shortening shoe laces, who knew?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a conspiracy to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They have each others back or they are taking turns just to make it harder to find the culprit

    ReplyDelete
  7. As long as the chewed parts make it back out...er, um...to see the light of day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree. It's a conspiracy. You haven't much of a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope the kitties aren't swallowing what they chew off !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kitties can be so helpful...not! LOL!!!
    Hope that the little ones don't graduate to more dangerous 'worms' like wires.
    Minko was like that all his life...I still see his teeth marks in some of our cords and charging wires which he wasn't able to chew right through! One year he chewed through the wires on the Christmas tree lights...thankfully it was turned off...

    ReplyDelete
  11. You see John...They'll do anything to stop
    you leaving the apartment....! :).

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's hilarious and a little worrisome. I do hope the evidence clears the system of the perpetrator(s) even if it can't be pinned on one or more.

    ReplyDelete