Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Now We Are Six

Theodore and Chiff are doing well in their respective prospective new homes; when their adoptions are finalized, and I have permission, I will share some pictures of them.


But back at the Cosy Apartment, things seem a little out of joint. For myself, I keep thinking I am missing cats. I count only five now, and it seems there should be more. Kittens have an expansive effect on a household.


More than I, however, Brazil has been affected by the siblings’ departure. He misses their companionship, I know, and they’re play together. Since Sunday, he has been wandering the apartment crying a great deal. I think he is calling to Theodore and Chiff to come out and play, to keep him company. Aurora isn’t adequate compensation for their absence, as she and Shimmer were never great playmates. Auro played with the others, but usually with the siblings, and not Brazil. Even when she had fun with the others, it was usually beside them, rather than with them.


For the moment, Brazil will have to be lonely. I am sure other cats will be along, but , as A. A. Milne wrote, “Now we are six.”


14 comments:

  1. Poor Brazil, I feared that he'd miss his little pals. Perhaps he and Aurora will become closer now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dood…ewe iz mor N wel come ta stop over N trout towne ta play with me! we can pull de rest oh de base bord off de bathe room cabin netz 😺🐟‼️πŸ’š

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brazil, this sounds like an offer made in cat heaven! Talk about play time!

      Delete
  3. Dearest John,
    Yes, kitties cry when they miss a sibling...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Brazil. Too bad he couldn't go with the kittens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be wonderful if Brazil could find a true forever home elsewhere, with appropriate kitty companionship. I doubt he'll be without other company for long, though. In fact, from your blog post title, I thought you already had a new feline resident!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought you had another too! I was kind of disappointed that you don't. But I got over that. I feel very badly for Brazil. I thought about him, and what it would be like when the kittens moved on. Poor boy. XXX I know Aurora won't become his playmate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It must be sad for Brazil missing his buddies

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh poor Brazil. Hopefully he'll have another playmate soon. To paraphrase Abe Lincoln: Although cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor Brazil, I do hope he has another playmate soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor Brazil must feel lost without his friends.

    ReplyDelete
  11. C'mon, Dr. John! Get on the floor and play like a kitten...for Brazil's sake.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poor Brazil is sure to miss his playmates but hopefully will soon adapt.

    ReplyDelete