Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Don't Forget the...

Renn received his first dose of anti-inflammatory medicine yesterday. It is a swiftly-acting drug, so the fact that he ate better last evening and this morning may be attributable to that. It doesn’t mean that this will solve his principal problem, of course, since inflammation may be caused by something more serious. But it might give him some relief.


I was lucky that he wet an adequate amount for his required sample last night (perhaps another effect of the anti-inflammatory drug?). I used plastic pellets as litter, and my big boy didn’t worry that there wasn’t enough to cover the floor of the litter-box. It may be that he doesn’t need litter if he feels he must go. (Though the Tabbies from Trout Towne suggested fish-tank gravel for litter. What a great idea! I will be using that if I need to in the future; it’d be re-usable, too.)


Renn’s sample will be delivered to the veterinary hospital this morning. I was thinking that only pet-owners will see nothing amiss with a note taped to the door as a reminder, reading "Don’t forget the cat’s urine”…


So, while big problems may still loom for my big boy, he and I are working on them.


14 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear he seems to be feeling better. Since the vets were puzzled by what the problem is, I hope it's some weird minor issue that can be dealt with easily.

    And cat people have given ourselves far stranger reminders...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cat people have the most puzzling notes posted to outsiders and non cat people's way of thinking. I, as well as everyone else have had some "good ones" through the years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What ever it takes to get the sample and not forget to take with you. I hope Renn continues along of drinking and able to urinate. Sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never would have thought of fish tank gravel. It's good you got a sample, even better that Renn ate a decent amount. We all hope for a positive outcome for him. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like Renn is improving slowly but surely. May the improvement continue! Please keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad Renn ate better and passed a good amount of urine. I hope the anti inflammatory continues to help him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to hear the meds appear to be working. I chuckled at the note. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, we are glad that dear Renn had a better night, and hope this is a sign of better days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're all continuting to send hugs, purrs and prayers to sweet Renn. Keep eating Renn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, every time I miss some posts, things happen! So sorry Renn is having troubles, but good to know he;'s doing better on those meds. Pawyers from us for him.🙏.🥰

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hard enough getting my own urine sample.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How hard is it to get a sample from a cat or a dog or pretty much any animal, this human has enough trouble getting their own.

    ReplyDelete