Thursday, January 18, 2024

Putting In Appearances

Miss Chiff is now off on her new permanent-home adventure. Despite her name, she is the least mischievous of the four youngsters I have had living with me recently, so my work-load is not diminished appreciably yet. I will tell readers how she is doing once she settles in a bit.


More good news came a couple of evenings ago. With the horribly low temperatures that we had, I worried about my outsider-cats; I hoped that they had warm refuges from the abysmal cold. They must have had, because the night after the air began to warm a little, both Cicero and Arliss visited Café Cosy for some soft-food and clean water. I was relieved to see them, but wonder where they had been and how much they had had to eat during their absence. Whatever their situation, I was glad that they knew where to come for some nourishment.



As for Sable, she now rarely shows herself at night, just during the day, and not usually for food, only a little water. I haven’t seen her since the deep-freeze, but she is an old hand at surviving the outdoors, and I believe she will let me know soon that she is all right.

12 comments:

  1. It's good to hear that those two are at least getting by. I believe at one time you thought Arliss might have a home. Even if such is not the case, perhaps there's another household in the area that provides him with a refuge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this news! Thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can not help but to worry about those you normally see. I am glad for them that they have shown up and eating well. It seems that Brazil and maybe Imogen are peering out on the ferals?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's Brazil on the right and Theodore on the left. Imogen wouldn't let herself get that close to Brazil.

      Delete
  4. I hope Miss Chiff gets on well in her new home. That is good news that Arliss and Cicero have made an appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have my fingers crossed for Miss Chiff, that she's found her true forever home. And I'm glad to see you've had two of your regular visitors back to dine al fresco!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some good news here, I hope Miss Chiff settles into her new home nicely

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let's hope that the adoption turns into a real furrever home!
    The outside kitties really live a harsh life...
    Hugs,
    Mariette + Kitties

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the best to Miss Chiff! Oh yes, it's always a good feeling when the ferals come to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad to hear that Arliss and Cicero have come to dine at the Cosy Cafe. It's good to know they're OK. Good luck to Chiff! I hope things turn out well with her adoption.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's wonder that Chiff has gone off a new adventure. I certainly hope it proves to be permanent.
    Glad too, to see the outside cats made it through the god-awful weather.

    ReplyDelete
  11. One always feels better when seeing missing outside cats again.

    ReplyDelete