Sunday, February 12, 2017

Morning Town




There are several reasons why Saturday and Sunday mornings are my favourite of the week. Aside from not having to go to work, there is the corollary of being able to return to sleep – once I give my diabetes boys their shots. Then, I am able to wake again a couple of hours later with cats all over the bed.

Within the last couple of months, the number of beasts to whom I have woken has increased to four. Cammie had started to jump onto the bed early in the mornings months before this, but seeing one, two or three others already present, she would hiss and leap off again. Now, she stays, sometimes for twenty minutes. Then she will sniff Josie’s tail or something similar and flee, again with a hiss – even though the tail had been in the same spot ten minutes before; the princess just hadn’t sniffed it.

But the mere presence of three of her feline roommates no longer causes Cammie to abandon the bed. She will lie on my chest and purr while I pet her. It means I lose that much sleep, but I don’t mind; sleeping in is for people without cats.

(Please note the photographs below were taken while I was on my back, unable to view what I was recording; I had to hold the camera – brought to the nightstand the evening before in anticipation of this event – above my head. You can see only parts of some cats, but all of each was there…)


12 comments:

  1. It's interesting how cats will seemingly suddenly alter their behavior ... to our betterment! So cozy to have all your wonderful cats snuggling up to you like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are so right...sleeping in belongs to cat-less (and kid-less) individuals. My Sami comes to lie on my chest and purr in order to wake me up. I wonder if that is Cammie's reasoning too?

    It's good to see she is settling in, even if the tail that has been there suddenly annoys her.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now how does it get any better than weekend morning kitty snuggle pile? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Parker is yet sleeping in the library each night. It will be a while before his integration proceeds to being out at night. That will, however, be the next big step; I will still be present in the apartment while he is out at night. He has a ways to go before that happens - or, I should say, the other four have a way to go before that happens.

      Delete
  5. They are so cute, John. A real little family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know just what you mean. I usually wake up to find at least 4 of my cats in bed with me. The problem is trying to move everyone so I can get out. As they say...a bed can accommodate 6 cats - 10 without the owner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so lucky to wake up to 4 cats in bed. We have 13 and we are lucky to have 2 sleep with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww you softie. Nice for the family to snooze together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's one of life's little pleasures to awaken and find yourself surrounded by you cat family. Awaken being the operative word here rather than awoken by chewing, scratching, meowing or retching.
    I'm sure that, given even the slightest chance, Parker would jump on to the bed with you and begin to purr. He seems like he's just that kind of boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've had a few mornings when I've been woken by someone throwing up somewhere...

      The ultimate goal is to have Parker free to go where he likes at all times, but that is some distance in the future as yet. I have no doubt he'd be on the bed with the rest of us, but the others still have to get used to him for that. Some day.

      Delete