The Tempos are progressing, though they have yet to eat on their own. It seems to me (perhaps it is but wishful thinking) that they are coming closer to that accomplishment each day. They spend more time looking at the food, as if wondering what it is and if it’s fun to play with. I think Largo may have drunk some water.
However, it is in their mobility that they are moving by leaps and bounds - literally. It’s funny to watch them move at speed, since their legs are too short to run. Instead, they hop like baby rabbits (which are also called kittens). They tumble off their stubby legs at every opportunity. I saw Presto do a headstand; I don’t know how he achieved it, but something tripped him up and he inadvertently attempted a somersault, paused at the half-way point, and then flopped down full length on his back. Of course, he wasn’t hurt.
Nonetheless, I now must watch my step, because they could anywhere on the floor, launching themselves out from under the couch, between my feet, or right behind me. Paradoxically, though they move in almost jerky stages, they can cover distances swiftly. As I was leaving the library last evening, Andante and Allegro were trotting right behind me out the door.
They find the books in the library to be quite educational - at least in terms of physical education. Climbing, jumping, falling: small piles of books and volumes at angles provide a miniature gymnasium. Yesterday, I heard a scraping sound and turned to see Presto using the spine of an 1896 Encyclopaedia Britannica as a scratching-post. Fortunately, his claws as yet cannot penetrate anything but human skin…
Every day brings them new knowledge and skills.





guyz…furzt yur fotoz bee price lezz…thurd…yur gym iz total lee cool, knot ta men shun, memburr shipz free…T, when ya wanna start lurnin ta
ReplyDeletescratch all thingz cloth….lemme noe…. ‼️πΈπΎπ
Oh heavens, don't trode on the wee things.
ReplyDeleteIf you could have seen my fave as I was looking at the pictures "At the Gym" parts 1 and 2, you would have seen a huge huge wrap around smile that started as soon as I saw the little ones.
ReplyDeleteface not fave.
ReplyDeleteI'd rather be with them at The Cosy Gym (okay, that needs to be a new short term thing) than at a human gym!
ReplyDeleteThose little cuties! The world (aka your library) must seem like such an exciting place to them.
ReplyDeleteI'm envious of all the fun you're having with the kittens. They are absolutely beautiful (not to mention, adorable).
ReplyDelete.
SO much cuteness.
ReplyDeleteGawky, awkward, inelegant: kittens!
ReplyDeleteI learned to do "the kitten shuffle," walking almost without lifting my feet at all so as not to step on any of them. If done right, when they are next to you and you don't know it, it just pushes them over and out of the way instead of stepping on them.
ReplyDeleteCute little underlings, pun intended!
ReplyDelete