Saturday, May 2, 2026

At the Edge of the World

There are more developments in the kittens’ world to report. Their eyes, which have been all black, have started turning blue. Right now, it’s a dark blue, not easy to distinguish from the black pupil all the time, but quite different nonetheless.


As well, Vivace decided it was time to see what the soaker pad surrounding the cat-bed smelled like. She not only slipped out of the cat-bed, but was sniffing the new ‘flooring’. Indeed, all the kittens are using their noses more, and I think they can smell their mum’s food when it is brought to her, warm and fresh.



And then there’s this guy. Allegro has observed that there seems to be a whole universe beyond the high walls of the birthing bed. He himself is not that tall; he is probably standing on a sibling’s head to look over the great barrier. But once a kitten sees what is available for exploration, it can’t be long until the actual exploration begins…


9 comments:

  1. The kittens are so cute, and it's such fun to see how they're developing. Thanks for sharing their adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And so it begins…Incidentally, I owe you one. The Kentucky Derby just ran. I was looking at several long shots, but Golden Tempo reminded me of your precious Tempos, so I went with it. The horse won at 23-1!

    You’ve never given any indication that you drink beer, so I won’t offer to buy you one, but if you’re ever in Los Angeles, I’ll spring for a pot of tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. Twenty-three to one are a good way to win no matter how much one bet. Congratulations. And the tea sounds good.

      Delete
  3. So cute. I am sure the mischief will be beginning soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing all of their adventures... and those FACES! I am done for every time I see them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watching these babes from birth on must be just plain simple fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They probably wouldn’t mind a larger area to explore at this stage, but still with high enough sides they can’t actually climb out and get away.

    ReplyDelete