I spoke to the veterinary about Indigo’s test results today. She was pleased by the fructosamine test, which measures the blood-sugar levels over the previous two weeks. It showed a good response to the insulin, and its dosage. The individual glucose test showed a very high number, but I am not as concerned about that. It demonstrates what Indie’s blood-sugars are at the moment of the blood-sampling. Indigo is easily stressed, especially by a veterinary visit. This can create high numbers that are not typical of her blood-sugar levels.
The doctor to whom I spoke is new, but competent. Even so, she wants to talk to her senior, who knows Indigo and her history better. But if the fortnight covered by the fructosamine test illustrated a good management of my girl’s diabetes, then I am satisfied with the results.
Indie is still eating more than she had a couple of weeks ago, though not as much as she had been before her hospital visit, an amount that prompted the visit in the first place. It may have been an extraordinary event or condition that had caused the increase in appetite. In any case, Indigo’s diabetes is being regulated as well as it can be. She and I can relax with that knowledge.

What good news to hear that Indie's diabetes is under control. You're doing a great job managing a difficult illness, John.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to read that Indigo is doing as well as possible. I hope her appetite continues to be good, whatever the reason.
ReplyDeleteGood news about her diabetes. Hope you're able to encourage her to eat more and she gains a little weight. She looks very sweet in her picture here.
ReplyDeleteindie…therz a sayin…eatin mor foodz iz better N burd watchin….glad yur vet vizit waz prettee much a good thing 🖤🤍🤍🖤🐾😸‼️
ReplyDeleteThat is a relief. And, like Roberta, I'm really impressed by how well you've dealt with all your diabetic cats.
ReplyDeleteI am VERY impressed with how you deal!!!
ReplyDeleteSorry I missed this update. I am glad she is doing well.
ReplyDelete