The introductions have begun. I had hoped to let the other cats, especially the Tempos, meet Coda during movie-night, but the new boy remained hidden for the duration of the movies I’ve watched: now used to me - though not yet trusting me - he thinks the other voices he hears during movie-night are people in the room. Me talking on my telephone, with the speaker on, has the same effect.
After the movie last night, however, I kept the door to the back parlour open, and the Tempos came in. I was surprised that Coda was much the most forward and welcoming cat. He purred continuously; though purring can mean other than contentment or happiness, his body-language suggested enjoyment. He tilted his head in curiosity, he rolled, he exposed his belly, he rubbed. The Tempos, especially Presto, wanted to meet him, but were cautious, and there were a few raised paws, ready to strike, and a few hisses. There have been no more threatening gestures, and no fights.
Coda has also met two of the adult cats, Brazil and Moxy. Both of these were more interested in reclaiming their usual spots in the parlour than in meeting the new boy, while each acknowledged him. Coda, as he did with the Tempos, wanted to get to know his bigger new roommates. He has now met all the boys. The girls seem uninterested in his presence.
So far, Coda is not a big deal with the beasts already established here. That’s fine with me. I appear to be the biggest worry the newcomer has, which is also fine with me.







Hurrah for integration, this is going exceptionally well!
ReplyDeleteoh how great! hopefully the tempos will be playing along with him readily, and also hopefully his confidence in being around The Person will grow, too.
ReplyDeletedood...eye bee buzzed happee ewe iz makin palz with de cabin crew...N due knot pay any mind two de gurlz....gurlz...iz....gurlz afturr all ☺☺♥♥
ReplyDeleteThis introduction went quite well. A little relief on you part I am sure. It is fun to see them all milling around together.
ReplyDeleteThis is wonderful news. And a little unexpectedly good news. I thought Coda may have been timid about meeting the others.
ReplyDeleteIt seems things with Coda's introduction went really well and that's great news.
ReplyDeleteIt seems that other than being very wary of YOU, he is rather easy going, even outgoing to a degree. Nice to know he'll likely get along with everyone, soon.
ReplyDelete