Friday, September 15, 2017

Hanging Out with Renn's Feet

It was mentioned in a comment yesterday that it was nice to see a picture of Renn in the day’s article. I realised that I hadn’t written much about my big boy lately, so I thought I would remedy that this morning.

Renn’s trouble is similar to Josie’s. He doesn’t often stand out and, while he acts oddly from time to time, he is healthier than my Chubs, and so I have less of him to write about than the other beasts.

One of the strange things Renn does has to do with how he contorts his big body to fit small spaces. If you’ve been reading this blog for any length of time, you’ve seen him do it previously. Now, he’s done it again. This is Renn being comfortable in the cylinder-house cat-tree. I wonder about such comfort but I certainly don’t chastise him for it; if he can make this work, then more power to him.


12 comments:

  1. Oh, I have such a soft spot for smoochable Renn! (I'm sure he's prefer I keep my human lips away from his face, though, even via cyber space.)

    I envy his ability to contort himself (amazing flexibility cats have) and be comfortable. I can't manage to be comfortable in one position for more than a few minutes!

    Thanks for sharing the pics, they're a bright spot in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renn is just proving what we all suspect: that cats are really fur-covered liquid! Otherwise, how could some of their napping positions be comfortable?!? Inquiring minds want to know! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Renn such gorgeous toe fluff! Isn't it amazing what cats find comfortable?

    ReplyDelete
  4. He does look very comfortable, and maybe he likes to keep his feet aired too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love his fluffy feet. He looks as though he had a little too much catnip and fell asleep. But if he believes he is comfortable then he must be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He looks really relaxed in his odd pose and that is what is most important in any case.
    We thank you all for stopping by to wish Einstein a happy birthday. He thinks you are all quite the cats meow
    Timmy and Einstein

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww..that is so adorable.I want to tickle those toesies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm always amazed by the positions cats can get into. I believe I once read that cats like to curl up in small spaces because it makes them feel more secure - there is no room for a predator to sneak up on them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Renn, those toesies are irresistible! *smoochie*

    ReplyDelete
  10. A French researcher, publishing in the journal of rheology, received this year's physics Ig Noble for a study of cats - are they liquid or solid. Kittens, as might be expected, are more liquid(y) but a cat's ability to conform to a small box or a sink, clearly demonstrates their solid / liquid transitions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cats sweat via their feet. He's keeping himself cool and comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our dear Cleo doesn't necessarily contort herself to fit into tight spaces. What she does is lay out in the open in hilarious twisted, sprawling positions. She's most often on her back with her front paws curled in tight and her head turned in an owl-like position almost in the opposite direction of her... sizable body.

    ReplyDelete