Sunday, October 6, 2024

My Adversaries

Operation Creamsicle is working each evening and weekend afternoon. The traps have attracted all four of the cats I am trying to capture (Arliss, Cicero, Sable and my former neighbour’s beast) but have closed on none.

Sable has come the closest to being caught. Lured by the bait of sardines and Temptation Treats, Sable entered the traps thrice, but not far enough to step on the trigger. I watched her each time; she entered, then turned and scurried out, as if warned by instinct not to venture further. It may be experience, a memory of being trapped years ago, after which she was spayed and returned to her feral colony.

Though the bait is good, I may need something still stronger, something to overpower Sable’s caution. I will be buying some catnip tomorrow.

Time – and these animals’ intelligence - is not on my side.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully Operation Creamsickle will be a success and everyone will be caught soon.

    ReplyDelete