Saturday, October 25, 2025

No Injuries at Play-time

Brazil is well on his way to recovery. Last evening, he played. He was no doubt helped by the medicine he’d been given a few hours before, but he was active and alert, even pulling and biting at the string-toy, using his mouth.


Later during play-time, I was enticing Moxy and Valkyrie with the all-day-sucker-coloured streamer on the couch. The Mixer was wrestling with it when Valk decided to do so, as well. She leaped up on to the couch, directly onto the bigger cat (whether by accident or design, I can’t say). This not unnaturally startled Moxy, who jumped side-ways - right into me, knocking me back into the cd cabinet behind me. There was a great deal of clatter, and cats scattered, but no one was hurt. We all re-assembled a moment later to continue the fun.


Brazil’s surgery is finished. Mine almost began…


9 comments:

  1. It's great to read that Brazil seems to be quickly recovering.
    Dr. John, however, may need to wrap himself in bubble wrap at playtime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might need to stay seated for play, maybe on the floor. At least then, there's no place to fall down to.

    I hope Brazil keeps up with the speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must have been quite the scene! Glad you weren't hurt, except maybe some bruises, I expect and a bigger one to your self pride, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems that Brazil is recuperating nicely and that's good news. But now it looks like you might need some recuperation time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing how everyone scatters but as soon as the noise gets quiet for a moment, the cats come right back for another round. Good thing you were able to pick yourself up and play with him some more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moxy does look like he could make quite an impact. And I'm glad to hear Brazil is recuperating nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. guyz....de last purrson ya want in jured iz dad....he will uze all
    eggz cuzez that he can think oh ta make sure yur meelz R knot
    on time !!! ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was here way earlier but Katie was on the keyboard and smack dab in the middle of the screen. So I couldn't;t laugh on the comment section!! I have to say having been tripped up for one reason pr another, I know what it's like to crash into something.

    ReplyDelete