Sunday, October 26, 2025

One Year On

One year ago today, I and the beasts moved into the Cosy Cabin. I regretted leaving the old apartment, as it had been a good home to us. But the management had changed; they were pressuring the tenants to leave by raising the rent, so they could renovate the units, and then charge still more for the improvements. There were other problems that were not being addressed. It was not like it had been. We were not the only tenants to leave, and what had been a friendly little community was broken up.


Though I regretted my departure, or - perhaps more accurately - I regretted the departure of what the apartment and the building had been, I have not regretted coming to the Cosy Cabin. I and the cats feel welcome here, and we both enjoy it. There is space, especially for the beasts, who use it daily by running through the rooms and corridors, and up and down the stairs. The house is conveniently located, the rent is low and any maintenance concerns - there have been few, and those small - have been addressed swiftly. I no longer have to worry about hiding the cats from owner-inspections and there are rooms enough for all the animals to find different spots, depending on their moods.


This is has been a good year domestically, and I am grateful to have been given the opportunity to spend it here. I well recognize my good fortune in having such a home, and quietly celebrate it today.


12 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that everything worked out with your move to the Cosy Cabin. What's happening with your previous apartment complex sounds like what's happening here. Rents are being raised substantially in order to force people to move so that the new tenants can be charged even more rent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found such a nice place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a darn good move for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary 🎉 As I get older each new move becomes more difficult. I hate the uncertainty, the stress, the packing etc. Glad your new home has worked out for you all 🐈 😻 🐈‍⬛️ 😺 🐱 😸 🐈 😻

    ReplyDelete
  5. This year flew by I do believe. I am so glad that you and the cats totally enjoy the new Cosy Cabin. It is probably a very healthy atmosphere with as many cats that reside with you now. And leaves you a little space also. Just watch where you walk and don't step on anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That turned out to be a brilliant move for you all. So many cats in a two bedroom apartment wasn't ideal by any means, and now you all have so much more breathing room. I hope you are able to celebrate many more years to come in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Getting a nice home for a reasonable rent is a real prize these days! What a wonderful thing that you and the cats were so fortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As was mentioned above, the year has passed on Hawk's wings. Very swiftly. I am so happy for all of you. And I am grateful, you all of you, have found just the right home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A year already, how time flies! I am glad the move has been good for all of you, and that you are happy there.

    ReplyDelete