Monday, August 10, 2026

Recuperating

Imogen had her dental procedure today. It went very well. She had two teeth removed, the two that looked bad in the examination last week. They were very bad, but none of her other teeth were in poor shape or on their way there. Her surgeon is a doctor my perma-cats have gone to for many years, and she knows what I want done: if a tooth looks like it’s on the way to wreckage, remove it. Imogen’s remaining teeth look fine. She also received a good cleaning.


Miss Silky is still a little out of sorts. She wants to remain on the half-landing by the side-door, for some reason, but is being bothered by all the other cats who want to smell her. That will pass. I hope that she will want to sleep on the bed with me tonight, as usual. If not, she will rest undisturbed wherever she chooses and will be better tomorrow.


In the meantime, I am feeding her small amounts of soft-food every hour or so. She is hungry and wants to eat, but I am guarding against possible stomach upset due to the drugs in her system.


However she is feeling at the moment, the worst part is over. She is fit and healthy, and likely won’t need another veterinary visit for years to come. And the cost of the procedure, though high, was not nearly as bad as the estimate I was initially given. Both my bank account and Imogen are recuperating.


12 comments:

  1. I'm glad it went well and was only two teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heal up well, Imogen, and now that those nasty teeth are gone, they cannot bother you anymore. Hope you feel a lot better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Imogen! Having a dental procedure is never fun. I'm sure you'll feel better soon, Sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think in today's economy those two teeth are now worth $25 a piece under her pillow. I remember when it used to be a nickel, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great; only two teefs!
    Another day, and you'll be back in fine fettle, Imogen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor wee sweetie, but hopefully no toothache for her. I hope she sleeps well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad it went well and that she lost only the two teeth! Wishing her a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She may be a bit grumpy now, but I'm sure she'll feel much better without those cruddy teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boy, I am looking for her to get sprightly quickly. Katie Isabella did. She had her left fang pulled. Seeing Imogene d=so closely today, I see just how beautiful she is! Did she sleep on the bed with you? I am guessing she didn't yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She came to bed about an hour before I had to get up. I'm hoping for better for tonight. She did play decently tonight, though.

      Delete