Monday, July 21, 2014

Twisted Cat


I’ve shown pictures of Renn at rest before, but the position he likes best always amuses me. He adopts this position only on furniture with arms (eg. the couch, the armchair, a loveseat). He does sleep on his back elsewhere but only on those furnishings does he lie quite like this. I saw why this weekend. He grabs the front of the arm and uses it to lever his rear end up and around, so that he can have his bum against the back of the seat.

Then he snoozes like this. Sometimes, he’ll wake enough to stretch, and then fall asleep again in an elongated position. He’s a funny beast and if I were boneless (or twenty years old), I would probably enjoy resting like this, too.



9 comments:

  1. LOL! Those photos crack me up, they're great. I don't think I'd ever tire of watching him sleep that way. Chumley used to sleep on his back a lot, legs splayed, but Renn surpasses even my Chum-Bum. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love it! Oh my the positions they find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that last picture is great...oh to be that comfortable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to sleep like that too. It's comfy! ~Wally

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flynn sleeps in some weird and twisted positions, but the last photo of Renn is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahaha! That last photo is the best! Ah to be that limber and able to move afterwards :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's a totally captivating kitty, don't you think? Not only are his positions adorable but each facial expression is so delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our Mr Rumpy Bump Stumpnots must have taken lessons from you my furend

    ReplyDelete