Sunday, December 31, 2023

Good-bye, 2023

At midnight, 2023 will end. This is strange, since it seems only six months were required to go through it. In another decade, I will be shooting through a year every month…

The year ends on a good note for me. No, I have been given back my youth and transported to 1982. Not that good. But not bad, either. I will write about that on another blog-post. For now, I will state that the cats in my care are doing well. Here, you will note there are six in one room, all more or less tolerating each other. That they are mostly unconscious may give a clue as to how the tranquility of the scene was achieved.

Brazil is not yet part of this group. His attitude toward Imogen remains, shall we say, energetic. But I am letting him come into the bedroom – Imo’s safe-zone – now and then, and only when I am in the room. I think there will be no progress in their relationship unless they are in proximity, but I must balance that with maintaining Miss Silky’s belief that she is secure from unwanted attentions.

But, as I typed above, the year is ending well. I hope it is ending the same way for each of you, and that 2024 begins positively and only goes up from there.

13 comments:

  1. LOVED your description of the passage of time. Amen to it! I could not agree more! Especially eventually shooting through a year in a month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Energetic" is an understatement, I'm sure. 😆

    I wish you successful and plentiful adoptions in 2024, and I wish all good health and peace (or at least peaceful co-existance).

    Happy New Year, John. All the very best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cats and I wish you and your "gang" a New Year that's blessed with joy, peace, and good health. Have a wonderful 2024, John!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, and may 2024 be good to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year John. All the very best to your charges and to you. May the year bring not only peace but joy. To each of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all so cute! Happy New Year from all of us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad the year has ended well, John. Happy New Year to you and the residents of the Cosy Apartment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year John! You've got quite the houseful. I do hope that some of these kittens will find their forever homes in 2024.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year to you and the crew. I'm loving the first photo of just about everyone relaxing together. Wishing you all a happy and healthy 2024.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness! Yes! Happy New Year to you John...
    And of course not forgetting 'ALL' the furry
    ones...HeHe! Young and old...! Bless!
    And..What a lovely looking fella that Charlie
    looks..!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year to all of you! I hope Brazil becomes a little less "energetic" in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year John. Wishing the best for you and all of your fur friends at home. It does seem like this past year sped by pretty quick. I suppose if I get older that's the way it's going to be for the next decade. We all wish for a wonderful new year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That last photo...I think Brazil knows you're telling on him.

    May you and the cats all have a wonderful 2024.

    ReplyDelete