Friday, April 5, 2024

Water, Water Everywhere

It’s taken only fourteen months, but I at last have witnessed Imogen drinking water. I can’t write that I am an eye-witness, since I didn’t see her do it. It was at night, after I had crawled into bed, and turned out the lights. I heard the tiny sounds of lapping, like water dropping rapidly from a tap and falling a short distance onto the porcelain of a basin. I knew that Imo had been squatting by the water-bowl at the bedroom door a moment before. I turned on the light, but that of course stopped her drinking, and she merely looked at me. I am certain the sound was that of her drinking.

Has she drunk previously at night? While I have been at work? Perhaps, even probably; yet it is strange that in more than a year, I can claim only once to have been present when it has happened. However, her litter-box routine shows regular and good-sized urine-deposits; since she eats almost exclusively soft-food, which is principally water, she has obviously been ingesting enough moisture. Nonetheless, I am pleased to know that Miss Silky sometimes resorts to the direct approach.

Having seen this unlikely event, the next on the list is catching her cuddling with Brazil…

12 comments:

  1. Ah! Bless her...! :), At least she keeps her tail dry...! :)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for her! I think your next on the list will be a very long time coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, I'm glad to know she's getting some fluid in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does she turn on the faucet herself?
    We have had only one kitty that loved to drink from the faucet—when we turned it on softly for him.
    Hugs,
    Mariette + Kitties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only my first cat drank from the tap, and she didn't turn it on herself, thank goodness, because she likely would not have turned it off again. No, she called for me to turn it on.

      Delete
  5. Amazing that you caught her! Wonder why she keeps drinking her water a clandestine occurrence? But good that you saw her. That little sound was fun to hear. I like hearing the little lapping sounds they make when they are drinking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that is funny. And so...cat. I'd love to know why Imogen feels the need to keep her water drinking a deep dark secret.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Imo has many tricks up her furry sleeve for you to ponder, John!

    ReplyDelete
  8. At least you know that she is actually having some water, that's a really good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cats have their own way of doing things for certain. However, I suspect, should you ever find Imogen and Brazil cuddling, you'll want to purchase a lottery ticket. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, that's one problem, (or mystery), solved! However, I think you may have to wait awhile to see her and Brazil cuddle.

    ReplyDelete