Monday, December 23, 2013

A Merry Christmas to All!



There are now only a couple more days remaining until Christmas begins. I like to think of the Yuletide as lasting the whole Twelve Days, but modern society needs to get back to normal as soon as possible - and I have just two days off (one unpaid) - so must make the most of what there is. I have always enjoyed Christmas, and look forward to spending the day with my beasts.

One of my favourite Christmas carols is "I Saw Three Ships", which I used to think of as "I Saw Three Cats", back when I had just three. Now, it's "I Saw Six Cats". Fortunately, all half-dozen are faring well. I have two foster-cats who weren't with me last Christmas. Bear-Bear, good natured, talkative, demanding, has medical problems we're working to combat, but is, right now, keeping up decently. Cammie, suspicious, curious, yearning for friendship, is making great strides and has taken to coming onto my lap whenever she wishes. My foster-cats from last year, Luther and Rachael, are doing nicely. The former was adopted with his friend, Fortune, and Rachael has made excellent progress as the only cat in her current foster-home. So I am grateful for happy felines this holiday season.

I hope everyone in the Cat Blogosphere and beyond has a wonderful (literally, wonder-filled) holiday, no matter how long it lasts. Though Christmas comes at the end of a year, it is, in a way, the commencement of the next, and it’s a good way to start it, celebrating the birth of Jesus. Have fun, have food, have plenty of antacid… Above is the outside of my Christmas card. Below is the inside. It tells the sorry history of me and cats. Happy Christmas!


12 comments:

  1. Your Christmas card is great, made us laugh. :-) As did the comment re: having antacids on hand--yep!

    We'll wish you all a wonderful holiday and merry Christmas now, in case our power does go off with the ice storm aftermath. Take care!

    Purrs and peace,
    Nicki and Derry and Kim too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear that Cammie and Bear Bear are both doing well as are last years fosters. Merry Christmas to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love your card! Merry Christmas to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to all! A big happy kitty family is a blessing indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas! Hope you all had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are wonderful to be a foster mum to cats who need your help. We hope you have a great 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had a lovely Christmas! Wishing you a healthy and happy New Year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry we didn't get by to wish you a Merry Christmas. But we sure wish you a very Happy and Healthy New year. It was a busy time. Hope you have a great day too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And a Merry Catmus and Happy Mew Year to 1,2,3,4,5, the 6 of you!
    from the 6, no, 7 of us.
    Growing kitty families fur sure
    Timmy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to meet you all. Thank you for your support thr other day on our site. Happy New Year. Pawkiss, Little Binky and Granny :)

    ReplyDelete