Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Switch On, Switch Off

A couple of developments improved matters further at the cosy apartment.

One is that Cammie ventured to the top of the high cat-tree in the sitting room last night. It used to be a favourite haunt of hers, but she has something against Raleigh, and alternately avoids him and confronts him. But the princess has been leaving the bedroom more often lately; true, it is usually to stare at Raleigh and growl at him in a low tone, but if she doesn’t come out to see him, she won’t become accustomed to him.

I think that Peachy’s presence is the cause of Cammie’s stress-related wetting problems, but there is nothing I can do about him being here. I will continue to work for a solution to Cammie’s troubles, but if she wants me to get rid of the newcomer, she is going to be disappointed.

As for Raleigh, he returned to my lap yesterday after dinner. That was most gratifying. He still runs from me periodically, but not the way he had been doing. In fact, he spent much of the evening on a chair at the dining table; I sat at the table to write, I walked past him numerous times, and he continued snoozing. He also played more vigorously than he had been.

I find that cats’ behaviour can change abruptly, like a switch being turned on (or off). Who’s the say what causes one alteration or another? I just hope Peachy doesn’t switch back.

11 comments:

  1. It would seem that progress is being made; hurrah! We hope this continues, though perhaps it like so many things: two steps forward, one back, three steps ahead, two back, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. guyz...cut dad sum slack... N everee one.....bee good....bee happee & bee healthee....soundz like an awesum plan ...huh !! ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like things are finally improving, and that's great news! From the picture, both Cammie and Raleigh look relaxed and content.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad Raleigh has become reacquainted with your lap. Even though I only know of him through your blog, I was quite sad when he started to run from you. Hopefully he has put that behind him again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy Raleigh has returned to your lap. He knows where he is happiest. With Cammie on top of the tree - all seems to be in order in the Cozy Apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad that things are improving a bit :)
    Btw I really like your scratching pot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you; I had that cat-tree custom-made. I wanted one very tall (it's seven feet high) with staggered platforms a foot apart, so they would be easy on the cats as they aged. Parts of it have to be re-covered, though.

      Delete
  7. Could Raleigh be reacting to his visits to the Vet knowing that you took him and therefore to be avoided (until he forgets about the visit)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's possible, but this reaction came along quite suddenly. And it's now receding, thank goodness.

      Delete