Monday, March 18, 2019

The Spring in His Winter

I decided to take Parker outside on his harness Sunday. I wasn’t going to, as I wrote in my last entry, but I thought that this week would be long, and if something went wrong and he was too ill to go for a walk next weekend, he would miss his last chance. So I showed my orange-boy his harness, and he came over to the door to go out.


He enjoyed his time. We both did. It was sunny and pleasant in the late afternoon, about eight degrees Celsius (46.4° Fahrenheit), with no wind. Parker had no trouble climbing the steps to the door (our apartment is one of those semi-subterranean residences that housing developers think everyone wants), and walked right out the door without hesitation. Once beyond, he sniffed the air and ambled slowly about. I had to carry him over some wide puddles, but for the most part, he strolled casually. He lie down quite a bit, rolling about.



We didn’t go far, and when, after about twenty minutes, I suggested we go in again, the sturdy-boy didn’t object. He didn’t throw a tantrum or claw the ground. I opened the door for him and he walked in.


Parker purred almost the whole time, and bumped his head against my legs and hand. He was a happy fellow, and clearly liked his time outside. The weather is forecast to be warm and sunny next weekend; if it is, and Parker feels up to it, we will go out again. If he does not, he will have had this little excursion, a bit of spring in his winter-time.

12 comments:

  1. Awww, that's wonderful! We're so happy for him, that he was able to get out and enjoy himself. Send us those 8C temps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that he was able to have a pleasant outdoors excursion. I'm sure it improved his morale. Hopefully, it helped yours as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks so HAPPY! LOOK at that TAIL!!! And rolling! Oh I am so glad he got to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sun was shining for Parker. How wonderful that the weather was warm enough for Parker to have his walk. I am so happy he is able to have opportunities for enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad he was able to go out. He looks like he enjoyed it with his rolling and his tail held high.
    I am sure it was good for both of your morale.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is so sweet - we say give him all the outside time he wants

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful. Parker enjoyed not only his walk outdoors, but he enjoyed spending time with you. He looks so happy! I hope the two of you will be able to have many more excursions together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love when they roll on the ground; it seems to be such a happy thing! Yay, Parker!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great day out. Miss pops likes a roll round outside too. A good way to soak up all the scents that intruders like to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you make that boy happy!

    ReplyDelete