Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Josie's Turn with the Doctor

It was Josie’s turn to go to the doctor yesterday. There was nothing outstanding about her health for which I was concerned, except some smelly breath. I thought it might be indicative of gingivitis or bad teeth and, being fifteen years old, she would need any surgery that might be required done sooner rather than later.

My Chubs did well at the doctor’s office. She purred from nervousness and hid in a little cubby-hole until the doctor came to see her. The results of the superficial examination were good; Josie’s lungs sounded clear, her heart was strong. She does have a few bad teeth that may be causing her discomfort when eating. Blood and urine were taken and have been sent away for analysis. I will know the outcome today or tomorrow.


The doctor was confident that the Great White will have little wrong with her. Josie has always been one of my healthy ones (it makes you wonder how she ended up in the cosy apartment) and I myself did not think anything except a dental procedure would be necessary. I hope that is indeed the case. If so, a surgery will be scheduled for her.

This will make three cats (along with Cammie and Renn) of mine who require dental work. This is to be expected at their ages. It nonetheless will entail a considerable financial outlay on my part - it’s no use asking them to contribute anything - and I think that I should own at least a modest portion of the veterinary practice by now.


Still, if my beasts will be comfortable and, hopefully, set for the rest of their days, it will be worth it. It may provide them with greater enjoyment during their meals, which in turn will mean more food consumed, and more money spent on nutrition, and… Hey, wait a minute…

14 comments:

  1. You really got me smiling! And Josie is a beautiful girl. I don't think I have really noticed just how pretty she is until now. Bless her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Miss Josie we are happy (if one can be) that it's only just a tooth or two and nothing more to make you feel 100% again is well worth the trouble of losing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers and paws crossed she's fine and that if she does need a dental it's a simple cleaning. You truly have my sympathies and understanding, given how many dentals both N & D have had, with so many extraction$. Dentals have been the single biggest expense to date. Well, those and Nick's Flovent!

    But of course it's our choice and of course it's worth it to have them as healthy and happy as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. josie; we hope ta cod itz nothin seer ee uz N dad getz good nooze on de dental front two day ~~~~~ N yea; purrhaps dad shuld consider buyin stock sharez inta yur vet.....we noe what him meenz N therz onlee two oh uz !! :) ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Josie, going to the vet is so very scary! I hate it too, and I'm a hoomin!
    Wonder if you can swing a multi-cat dental deal, but how to carry three cats in PTUs at once...maybe a furniture dolly and bungee cords...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Putting two or more of mine close to each other outside a confined space is asking for trouble. Inside...?

      Delete
  6. I saw the photo before I read anything and thought Josie had walked through something she shouldn't have!
    I hope her blood and urine results are good and the dental work needed is minimal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to hear about Josie. She is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Google let me comment! I am so happy. I wonder if poor Hugo is lost. He looks like such a handsome boy. Word on the street is that the Cozy Diner is the place to be.
    I am thinking of dear Parker. If Google prevents me from commenting again please know that reading your blog is a highlight for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen. I don't know why Google is giving you problems. I have heard from you for the past few entries, so you are getting through.

      Delete
  9. It's great to hear things went well with Josie's vet appointment. Have you thought about putting the cats to work to help with veterinary expenses? 'Ya think maybe you could rent them out to catch mice or maybe they could find work as a lap warmer? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. All I could think was does your vet give you a discount? Maybe a 10 visits get one free card deal? You and your kids must keep them in business.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have a need for several dentals at our home and the new reality of retirement income has caused us to have to move slower with scheduling these type things. So glad that Josie is healthy and fit. We wish this on all

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope the blood work results come back good.

    ReplyDelete