Thursday, June 27, 2019

The Journey to Idylland

Take me with you when you go
To the land of gentle breezes,
Where the peaceful waters flow.

“Snowbird”
Written by Gene MacLellan
Sung by Anne Murray


I start my holidays at the end of work today. They are later in coming this year than last. I thought that I would be needed to volunteer at an event for the PAW Society the first week of July, an event that I would better serve if I had a day or two off, so I set my holidays back a month. As it turns out, I will not be required to volunteer. But the change of dates of my holidays matters little, though it does seem a little longer a wait for them this year because of the circumstances. But they are here now, and that’s what counts.


I will be travelling to Idylland, where the villages are pretty, the fields lush and the people content. That doesn’t mean I won’t have much to do. I have cat-trees to clean, windows to wash, store-rooms to clean and re-arrange, and the PAW calendar to finish. But I will be working at home, with time to ride my bicycle, read, listen to music and, of course, spend with the cats.

I may even just lie in a green field and look at the clouds.

19 comments:

  1. Hurrah for holidays! I remember that you usually take them a bit earlier, wondered if you were on vacation already and just hadn't mentioned it.

    I hope you enjoy every moment, and most of all, I hope it's stress-free, without any health issues for the cats or for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy every minute of your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay at home vacations are sometimes even better than traveling. Having the time just for yourself and the cats could be wonderful. And lying in a green field looking at the clouds sounds pretty terrific too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just knowing that you don't have to dress for the office, is a bit of weight off the mind! Enjoy your staycation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a terrific staycation, John - one that's relaxing, free of health problems for you and the cats, and one that's fun. Please take time for yourself. You deserve it! The cat trees, storerooms, cleaning, re-arranging, and windows will still be there and can wait for another time. May you enjoy every minute of your Holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your time off work John! Everyday chores never go away, but having the time to do the things you enjoy most is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a wonderful time to spend on the holiday days off. Have a great time of relaxing. We can't wait til next week for our July 4th vacation. Thanks for the share. Have a wonderful time.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your holiday in Idylland. I hope you have a peaceful and relaxing time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, have the best time, lying on your back in that green grass and looking at the clouds go by above. And in between clouds, please...close your eyes and drift with them across the blameless and soft byways just a little ways above your fingertips. And enjoy the fresh fragrance provided and the easy warmth of the sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoying the outside the way my Parker used to...

      Delete
  10. The best kind of vacation, in my opinion. Enjoy yourself, John. I’ll be in the neighboring village, waving at you while I knit, listen to Telemann, and sip a G&T.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a wonderful holiday, John. Staying home with the cats is the best kind. I just had a week at home on holidays but not much cleaning got done I am afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am having troubles leaving comments. My computer. Technology!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both your comments came through, so not to worry. I hope you had a relaxing week. I'll bet Holly was pleased to have you there.

      Delete
  13. The best time is time spent taking care of things and being with our furs. We hope you get out to a new cafe or find some great books.

    ReplyDelete
  14. J; hope you have a well deserved and much needed break, can do stuff you want to do, not necessarily need to do and ENJOY ~~
    hugs to the crew and see you soon ~ ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete