Thursday, March 17, 2022

Auric's Opportunity

Auric will be leaving for a trial-adoption tomorrow. Though he will be on probation, as it were, in his new home, our rescue-group rarely makes a decision to place a cat in a new environment unless it is sure he will prosper there, and be a good fit. He will be living with a single gentleman and an eight month old kitten.


I am pleased for the golden boy. The cat whom he will meet on Friday is a very active youngster in need of a playmate. There was no question that Auric would go, when go he did, to a home with another, sociable cat. I think he will do well with the human, too. I believe Auric would want to be friends with almost anyone he meets, human or feline, and I expect this move will be a success for him.


I am sad for Hector, though, and disappointed that he and Auric couldn’t stay together. But Hec hasn’t had much interest in him in the way of potential adoptions, and Auric would have missed some grand opportunities if he were paired with Hector. To put it bluntly, my dark knight couldn’t stand in the way of the golden boy’s progress.


Hector will find his home, just as Auric has. And, like Auric, he will stay with me until that day comes. Hec and I have become good friends. I like Auric, and he likes me; he will sleep against me - even against my face - at night, and purr heavily. I suspect, however, that he will give any amenable human such a chance. Hector takes longer to evaluate a person and a situation; he is more cautious. He has decided to be my friend, and that will continue to make his time in my care enjoyable for both of us.


But he will miss his pal.


14 comments:

  1. I am glad for Auric, and I hope the adoption goes well. But I do feel bad for Hec. I hope he won't get too lonely for his playmate.

    And I find it remarkable that such a personable guy like Hector hasn't had many offers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paws crossed that Auric's trial-adoption turns quickly into his furrever home.
    We're all sending Hec warm fuzzies and love, with hopes that his chance is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Auric and we hope everything goes well for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Auric! I hope all goes well with his adoption. Hopefully Hector will be adopted soon. Unfortunately, black cats seem to have the roughest time finding "furever" homes, but "hang in there", Hec, you'll find your family soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very happy for Auric; Derry and I will keep our paws and fingers crossed that all goes well with his integration. I do feel badly for Hector; perhaps there will be someone new to the Cosy Apartment with whom Hector will develop a friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He will but it make me sad. Poor Hector That prejudice against black cats is the pits! They are just as sweet and loving as any other cat is. And Hector has so much going for him! Personality, beauty and love to give his family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad that Auric has his chance of his forever home, but feel sorry for Hector. It is a shame that no-one has shown interest in the handsome black boy, but I know he has a good home for as long as it takes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In my mind I had hoped Hec and Auric would stay together. Not fair
    because Hector is a black cat. But it is wonderful Auric has a good
    chance at a forever home. I wish him lots of purrs and good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hector for what itz werth dood, ewe iz a STAR with all oh uz heer in cat landia & ewe all wayz will bee. ♥♥

    auric we send best fishez two ewe, N while we iz sorree ewe will bee goin two a new houz; we iz all sew buzzed happee for ewe N if ewe due stay ther...we iz hopin yur new purrson letz ewe share a storee heer now & then ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. We sure wish Auric well but we're kind of sad he won't be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad the rescue is so careful about making sure cats thrive where placed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful picture of the two buddies. We hope they find fabulous homes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hooray for Auric!

    Maybe Hector will soon have another young kitty to mentor and be a housemate with?? We hope so...
    I could drive from Michigan to Alberta to get him...but um...on second thought, maybe not. Kind of far!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bittersweet. Wonderful news for Auric though and I hope Hector gets his opportunity soon too.

    ReplyDelete