Saturday, May 14, 2022

Bath-night!

I realise that my readers are probably becoming surfeited with all that I’ve been writing about myself lately, but since I shared with you the various activities of surgeons and anaesthetists in regard to my recent operation, I thought I would announce that a small milestone has been reached in my recovery. This evening, I am able to have a bath once more.

Restricted thus far to showers because of the weakening effects of immersion on stitches, a consultation with my surgeon this week resulted in the welcome news that I may once again bathe horizontally. This, as some of you may know, constitutes a most relaxing portion of my Saturday night, and a prologue to the later viewing of a movie, also habitually on Saturday nights.

It will still be a few weeks until I can ride my bicycle. The surgeon stated that I could have a “leisurely” bike-ride now. There is no “leisurely” bike-ride in my part of the world, where strong winds are the norm, and pedaling is likely the equivalent of some sort of competitive weight-lifting.

Nonetheless, a bath is a good sign of continued healing, even if it is interrupted by this little fellow, who seems to like the sound of water running into a tub…

14 comments:

  1. Ah, baths are wonderful; it's good that you can indulge again.
    Hector was just making sure you weren't drowning or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear you're recovering nicely from your recent surgery. You've reached a milestone and that's great news. Even reaching a small milestone is progress! However, I see that Dr. Hector is still keeping a close eye on you. Keep up the good work, John!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HaHa! Never heard of anyone riding a bicycle
    in a bath before..! :O).
    At least everything is coming together for you
    to John..! But then you've had excellent care..! :)

    Reminded me of Darlinga, my first pussy~cat l
    had on returning to the UK back in 76..
    I used to lay in the bath, when two paws and a
    head would peer over the side and watch, l'd
    lie there quite happy, washing and chatting away
    to the cat..she was quite happy watching me and
    the water..Bless! :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have a bath and actually don't find them relaxing, but glad that you can regain your Friday night routine. What about an electric bike? Expensive but less punishing on your body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Electric bikes are, as you write, expensive; it won't be long until I am riding again.

      Delete
  5. Great news to hear that your recovery is going as expected. And I am sure a hot bath has been great relaxation after all these weeks. I have wondered how you've been getting to the office once you went back. Walking or taking a taxi? I'm sure Hector is anxiously waiting for all to get back to normal also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I walk to work; it isn't far and a taxi would be hideously expensive twice a day every day. Those are reserved for getting cats to veterinary hospitals.

      Delete
  6. A milestone indeed! I'm sure it felt wonderful to have a hot soak last night. Restorative. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what Vicky said! I was fixin' to say the same! You need sevetral mancats to see you healthy and in top running condition! An Madame.... well, the able and ruling Chatelaine of the Household. Of course.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every little bit of "getting back to normal" helps. And, of course, "normal" includes a cat supervising it all...

    ReplyDelete
  9. It must have felt wonderful to be able to relax in the bath again, and safe in the knowledge that you are being supervised.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Each step in the healing process is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe Hector wants to find out what this watery stuff is all about!
    One of our cats in the past was very interested in all things bath-tub related, LOL!

    ReplyDelete