Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Back to Her Normal

Zofia let me sleep last night. I suspect that she needed the sleep, too. I also suspect that one, some or a combination of the drugs she was given for her surgery reacted on her, making her hyperactive, restless and distracted. She would periodically attack her incision, and even her eating was affected.


Yesterday, she was much more her usual self. She is eating well again, is playful to a normal extent (close to hyperactive at times, anyway, being a kitten), and ready for sleep when the day has tired her out. I am keeping little Miss Zed isolated when I am absent, but allowing her the usual freedom when I am present; keeping an eye on her movements, and the dangers that may be presented to her wound, calming her and Hector down when they become too rambunctious.



I have not insisted on a cone. It didn’t stay on when I went to work yesterday, and she did not bother her incision. That is the most important factor in my determination, and her frantic attention on Monday to her surgical site seems to have been occasioned by both the medication and some fresh feeling coming from the wound. I check the site often while I am present, and it has remained a light and healthy pink, like the rest of her shaved abdomen. She is now unconcerned by it.



By the end of the week, I doubt that I will quarantine Zofia even when she is unchaperoned. Her medical care will be complete and she will be once again available for adoption, perhaps with her black-furred best pal and playmate. Just in case anyone reading might be interested…


14 comments:

  1. How good it sounds for Zofia now. Past the worst of recovering, maybe. And wouldn't it be great if Hec and Miss Zed ended up in a loving fur-ever home together. Keep putting out the hints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that she's getting back to normal so soon. I think you're right; she was probably reacting to the drugs she had been given. And that would be wonderful if she and her buddy could stay together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps someone *ahem* can advertise both Zofia and Hector together! Wouldn't that be the bees-knees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad she is acting normally again. I think you are right about the anaesthetic causing it. When Eric and Flynn were neutered they were like crazy cats when we got them home. They ran across us as if we were not there and kept it up all night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would give anything if they could be adopted together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad to hear that things with Zofia are back to normal. I think Eastside Cats had a great idea - If Zofia and her buddy were advertised together, perhaps their chances of being adopted together would be increased. It would be such a shame to split them up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really am so happy she is doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! We're so glad Zofia is back to her normal self and doing okay. And yes, how awesome would it be if she and Hector were adopted together?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah! Bless the little lady....!x
    Wonder if she's been showing it off to
    the others...! :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad Zofia is back to normal! It would be lovely, indeed, if she and Hector could find a forever home together. ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is my wish. I hope & hope that they can be.

      Delete
  11. Wow, a dream to hold on to, getting the two youngsters as a bonded pair, to a great new home/beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to hear Zofia is doing well after her operation.
    Paws crossed she and Hector can be adopted together.
    Purrs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bet Miss Z is back to being just a totally playful kitten!

    ReplyDelete