Sunday, July 14, 2024

His Name Was Renn

Renn’s portrait has been added to the memorial wall. I had long had in mind this picture, if ever my big boy were to die. The fact is, I never thought much about him dying, even when he was old and frail, because he had been with me for so long. But everything passes away; even the stones of the Earth crumble into dust, eventually. And even Renn has left, to go on ahead.

He was my good and long-lasting friend. His name was Renn, and I will remember him.

15 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful portrait of dear Renn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And he will be with you as long as you live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, I think all of your readers will remember Renn. He will always be in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Handsome Mr Renn taking his place amongst all your loving angels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely portrait and memorial to Renn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renn was truly one handsome cat. The photo of him is perfect reminder of just that. I am truly sorry for you loss. Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a wonderful portrait of Renn. A sad, yet fitting, addition to your memorial wall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're sorry Renn has gone OTB. A memorial wall is a great idea. Mom might do that here too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a lovely image of Renn. It's the perfect way to remember him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Renn's portrait and your loving memorial to him. He is home. Glad to be so and he was safe and glad with you to the end.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a wonderful photo of your sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure your memory wall brings back many happy memories, and some bittersweet. Such a wonderful photo of Renn.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry for your loss. Renn will always be part of you.

    ReplyDelete