Monday, February 13, 2023

A Doctor's Appointment for Renn

My old friend Renn is feeling poorly.


He has what may be just a cold - he’s had them from time to time priorly - but this one seems to be clinging to him longer than most. There is plenty of sneezing and snorting through a clogged nose. It is not growing worse; there is a bit of blood in his snot now, but I suspect that is due to too much action in the nose and throat that are growing dryer. In any case, he has a doctor’s appointment for Wednesday, which is the soonest available.


Fortunately, as has been the case on similar occasions, Renn continues to eat and drink. His appetite remains as before: small but adequate, with periodic off-days. I am sure his kidney issues are worsening, but there is little that can be done for that. Doctors recommend the usual foods for such an ailment, foods that Renn won’t eat. His water-consumption is good, so he doesn’t need extra fluids, which are a source of extra stress for him, anyway.


My big boy is doing well, aside from this latest complaint. I want to make sure that that doesn’t develop into anything worse, so that my old friend will stay with me for a long while yet.


16 comments:

  1. I hope the vet visit will get Renn feeling better again. Sending lots of good thoughts for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wondering how Renn was doing. I'm so sorry he isn't feeling too well.

    I've been meaning to ask you--have you ever tried giving Renn spirulina powder? I recently read that it can be beneficial for cats with kidney disease. (And good for any cat's general well-being.) I've started adding a pinch of it to my crew's food once a day, and they actually seem to like the taste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not heard of spirulina powder. I will ask about it during Renn's veterinary appointment on Wednesday. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. I hope you find the answer for Renn on Wednesday. Also, that what he may have is not contagious for the other 3. I will think of him on Wed and wait for any news you share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr Renn we hope your cold goes away soon. Poppy is like you and won't touch the renal biscuits. I'm just glad she's eating and drinking too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sending my healing thoughts and purrayers to Renn and hope that he feels better soon. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Renn, please get well soon!! John, please let us know how Renn's vet appointment goes on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Renn. I just started thinking of you again. Maybe this is why. Please...get better quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Healing purrs sent your way sweet Renn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Purrayers and Power of the Paw to Renn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Purrs to you sweet guy, we hope all is well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry to hear Renn is feeling poorly. When Tomtom was sick in November the vet gave him an antibiotic shot that was good for two weeks. That worked great since I didn't have to force pills down his throat! Putting Tomtom in a steamy bathroom for ten to fifteen minutes twice a day really helped him too! (That was suggested by the emergency vet last winter)I just brushed him while we waited for the steam to work. He doesn't like being in the bathroom alone.
    Sorry for the long comment but I hope something works for Renn. I'm such a worrier.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Saku sends his purrs that Renn is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete