Monday, February 20, 2023

Hector Has a New Home

Hector will be staying in his new home. His adoption has not yet been finalised, but it will be.

He made rapid progress with the resident cat, progressing from hissing at a distance, to eating within sight, to lying in the same room, to playing together. The last was what I was waiting for. An adequate home for the little Turk would have been one in which he was loved and cared for; a happy home was one in which he had a feline friend and playmate. He and his new pal chase each other, and wrestle over who gets a string-toy.

Hec was with me for almost seventeen months, and, to be honest, I didn’t think he would be adopted, being a black cat and having very little interest in him during his time with me. That made me settle into a frame of mind that told me he would be in the Cosy Apartment forever; having that change, relatively suddenly, is a bit of a wrench.

But he is in a loving home, with a young family and a friend his age with whom he will grow old. He and his chum have many years of action together, and when they are too weak and arthritic for that, they will lie together in comfort and companionship. I can’t ask for better than this for my friend. Things are quieter here, and less hectic. That they are not completely calm and peaceful is due to the fact that he taught his little grey and white protégé well.

Hector made his mark, and will again.

21 comments:

  1. Wonderful news John! I'm a little sad too, that we won't hear of Hector often, but a loving home is the ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very happy that Hector found the second best place he could possibly be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for saving Hector and finding him a new family. There is no more precious gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is wonderful news for Hector! I am sure you will miss him, but you can take peace in that he is in a loving home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great news. I'm glad Hector found his "furever" home, but I'm going to miss hearing about him. I must commend you, John. I honestly could not be a foster parent. I would be unable to give the cat up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would go for me as well. I have thought of it often.

      Delete
  6. Yeah! That's GREAT news...Great!
    God bless ya Hector....God bless...!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very good news that Hector has his Forever Home. He will not only be missed by you, but all of us who grew to love him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. After all this time this is wonderful news for Hector. He would have happily lived with you for the rest of his life but it's nice to know that he is adopted and has a new best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. While it is good that Hector is fitting into his new home,I know it is hard to say goodbye to a pawsome friend. Sounds like he will be happy in his new home too :)
    Purrs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so happy that Hector truly has found his forever home and has settled in well and now is good friends with the first cat. I hope he has a long and happy life with them! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the best best news! I am so glad for him and for the rest of us who worried. Hector, you deserve all the love and companionship you get. You have earned it, so to speak. XX to you Hector, and your new brofur.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful news!
    Much love to Hector and his furrever family.
    We hope there will be updates from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't realize Hector was with you that long! I can imagine what a wrench parting with him is for you, but that's wonderful that he's settled in with a new pal so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so happy for Hector. One ending makes for another beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yippee for Hector. Thank you for showing him what love is, and for preparing him for his furrever family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We're sad the end of Hec's time of you was so sudden, but we are over the moon that he has found his happily ever after. Thank you for preparing him for this day, John.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Its the best of all worlds for Hector,,,sorry that you feel bereft of his presence, though...

    ReplyDelete