Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Clever Boy

Monday, a plumber came into the apartment while I was absent and cleared an impending blockage in the kitchen basin’s drain. The building manager, who is a cat-man and knows about my cats, came with him, so I was not worried about anything untoward occurring with the beasts, especially as Iago and Imogen were locked in separate rooms.


But Brazil was still on the loose, and I knew he would be startled by the appearance of strangers. I wasn’t terribly concerned about his reaction: I knew he would try to hide, find that both the library and the bedroom were closed to him, and search for a refuge somewhere else. But where?


When I came home, I saw the answer.


12 comments:

  1. Ahh... Brazil is indeed clever. The photo made my night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was too cute and pretty smart too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Under the rug instead of in the tunnel. Smart boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminded me of the film 'The Carpetbaggers'...
    HeHe! Goodness! George Peppard...!
    And, l just had to check...he died 8th May 1994.
    65yrs of age...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, poor baby. That's something Derry would have done. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. He'd have dug himself underground if he could have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, poor little guy. I hope he wasn't too upset. But, it's good for him to learn that strangers can come by, and he'll still be safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have enough visitors for him to grow accustomed to other humans, unfortunately.

      Delete
  8. If he can't see them, they can't see him, right? Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Although Brazil wouldn't have agreed, that is so funny!

    ReplyDelete